Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Mar 30, 2013, 04:42 PM   #101
Frost7
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo71 View Post
I remember all along during the original iPad and the iPad 2 never hearing anyone complain about the screen. If you accept that the iPad mini is a smaller version of iPad 2 with a slightly higher DPI, it is a great product. It is a perfectly adequate screen. I owned the nexus 7 briefly and despite higher DPI, to my eyes I prefer the iPad mini display.
Well, I didn't like the horrendous pixelation and that's why I never bought an original iPad or iPad 2 even though I liked the concept.

I was going to buy and iPad 4 because it finally fit the bill for everything I wanted in a tablet, but the mini's ability to fit in a pocket gave it an immense portability advantage so I got one of those. One thing I've never gotten used to or liked though is how terribly aliased text is.

I'm trying to gauge when the iPad mini 2 should hit so I can eBay mine and put the cash toward one with a retina display without going iPadless for too long.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:16 AM   #102
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMac View Post
I would more likely say demand has been met, stores stocked, so can ease up on production and let the over worked under paid slave labor have one day off for once!
if stores are stocked to the maximum they really arent selling it well now are they
Smartass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:32 PM   #103
lindamm99
macrumors newbie

iPad mini update

The buyer's guide is listing the mini as just updated but I can't find any other info on that. Is it an April Fool's joke? I have a mini and will get the update if it has the retina display.
lindamm99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2013, 06:05 AM   #104
HurryKayne
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syk View Post
I rather have the A6 and 1Gb than A5 and Retina also. That's not to say if it had Retina. I'd complain but I'd could live with the spec boost
The key factor here could be quad core.
If A7 will be the first Axx quad core then i don't think we will see any
Ipad 5 till early,mid 2014,but i don't see Apple waiting that long so...
maybe there will be an A6 quad core inside a redesigned Ipad 5 (with mini thin bezel) with 2GB ,
this to differentiate if Mini will go to A6.
So for the mini i see or a retina one with A5 and 1GB
(but in this case the Ipad5 will have just a redesign?...)
or an Non Retina one with A6 dual and 1GB.
I hope to see a retina one with A6 and 1GB but i will accomodate myself
without any retina and A6-1GB.

Last edited by HurryKayne; Apr 7, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
HurryKayne is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion