Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 25, 2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Sossity
macrumors 6502a

is my itunes folder structure normal?

I noticed that i have 2 different folders, one higher up and a another folder within it for my itunes, and wonder if I need both folders.

I have attached a screen shot, for all to see what I mean, which folder and contents is important? in itunes, I have keep albums organized, so it makes a copy of the albums in folders.

the top Sossitys itunes library has all my albums copied in the music folder.
Attached Images

Sossity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68040

It is not normal. You have two libraries nested within each other.

First step is to go into iTunes > Preferences > Advanced... and determine which of those two media locations is being used.

It looks like you actual library is down at the nested level. I am not sure of the ramifications of moving that up a level like it should be.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Sossity
macrumors 6502a

I think itunes is using the upper level, as the music folder in the upper level has the copies of all my albums, this is right because in itunes preferences I have make a copy checked for keeping everything organized.

when I clicked on the small itunes icons in the inner nested folder, it opens up to my itunes library.

so I should try placing everything all in the upper top nested folder? I notice I have 2 music folders, but I think itunes is using the upper music folder.
Sossity is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store