Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I've got 20 seasons of Top Gear all converted and waiting to be added to iTunes. They exist on my external HD, so when I drag them in to iTunes I hold in Alt/Option, so they stay there.

If I drag in the folders for seasons 1 through 13, all episodes show up, and if I select the show in iTunes I see "tabs/buttons" for Season 1, Season 2, etc etc. Pic here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2213114/2013-08-23_18-05-00.jpg

However if I drag season 1 through 14 (or more), only season 1 shows up in iTunes grid view. However all episodes/season show up in List view, and all are available on my Apple TV.

If I drag just, say, season 14 through 20, they add fine. But if I then add 1 through 13, again only 1 season shows in Grid view.

In all cases the correct number of "New" episodes shows on the blue banner on the cover (i.e "99+").

Top Gear generally has about 6 to 10 episodes per season.

I have exactly the same problem with The Simpsons.

All my other shows added fine. Just The Simpsons and Top Gear had issues. I doubt it's a co-incidence those are the only 2 shows I have with hundreds of episodes and 20+ seasons each. It's almost as if iTunes has some kind of limit…

Running iTunes 11.0.5 and OS X 10.8.4.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Yes I do, they all have their metadata tagged perfectly. If I add them 1 season at a time, they show up in iTunes perfectly. It just seems that at some point, there are "too many" and iTunes stops showing them.

As I said, if I look at them in List view, or on the Apple TV, they are there, with correct tags, etc.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
seasons of one show get combined in grid view and if u click on the cover art u can pick the season on the little tap

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Thanks guys, solved the mystery! I think, after 15 seasons, there are too many to show at once, so if I click where it says "No Season" or "Season 1" or whatever, I get a drop down to select any of the other 20+ season!

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.