Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixlr8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
I've got a unique situation...My son uses his iPod touch mini-jack w/ an adapter to RCA to plug to input of our surround system. He now wants to add blue tooth head phones (Beats) to use as a monitor when he's drumming. Is this possible?

Last edited:

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I've got a unique situation...My son uses his iPod touch mini-jack w/ an adapter to RCA to plug to input of our surround system. He now wants to add blue tooth head phones (Beats) to use as a monitor when he's drumming. Is this possible?

I do not believe that's possible as the iPod Touch will only output audio through one medium. In this case, either the 3.5mm headphone port or Bluetooth. My suggestion would be that he purchase a 3.5mm stereo splitter. From there he can split the signal. One to go to the sound system and another to go to his headphones. You could plug in a Bluetooth dongle to one output to get his Bluetooth headphones to work too.

(Google Images of the Splitter)

Hope that helps!

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
You can pick the internal head phone jack or Bluetooth if its paired, just not both at the same time.

A splitter is the best way to go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.