Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarahspriddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
I've been doing some reports on this website (iphoneunlockuk.com) and discovered modmyi this morning so I wanted to add my reports so users of this website could be informed in case they didn't already know. I realize that most of you here probably already know how to unlock/jailbreak your iPhone on your own without any kind of technical support, but just in case...

So I purchased a "iphoneunlockuk.com" subscription a few months ago and I have to let everyone know that it was a total waste of money! I honestly believed that I needed THEIR support and knowledge, 'holding my hand' so to speak to get my phone unlocked and jailbroken. Then I see complete guides like here on macrumors.com that 'hold my hand' and walk me through step by step but they don't charge to do it! Ugghhh!...

My main problem with iphoneunlockuk.com is that "Jody Sanders" (btw is this a girl or a dude?) and his/her team ignores customers emails. I have been emailing them for weeks now with technical support questions, etc and get totally ignored by them! Personally I think they are full of **** and after reading up on everything they are total thieves! The software they provide is the same as the dev-team, they just 'personalize it' to make it look like they did all the work lol-honestly why hasn't someone been able to get this company shut down by now? All the dev-team needs to do is report them to PayPal for starters and get all the charges that customers have paid for charged back...that will for sure get "Jody Sanders" blood boiling!

Personally, I'm going to be contacting my credit card company this morning and filing a charge back to get my money back! These people are a total scam and a fraud, I have paid (almost 40 dollars US after converted to UK) and what am I getting out of it? I'll tell you...ignored emails and ZERO service from these *******s!

I now know that I don't need "iphoneunlockuk.com" to assist me with my iPhone. Well correction, they don't assist me they ignore me. But I know that I can do this process on my own now with websites like macrumors.com, there is no need to pay these scammers a dime!

Now the everyone still wants to know if "Jody Sanders" is a chick or a dude? Come on...someone tell us!

**** YOU IPHONEUNLOCKUK...KARMA IS A BITCH...DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
Jody Saunders' pic, as posted in the hackingtosh thread - to which the cretin posted 107 times:

30863262_70d911658b.jpg

His comment on the photo:

"That's me - the jock! Handsome or WHAT?"

(Looks and sounds like 100% douchebag)

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f127/44289-23.htm

Page 1 of thread, in which several Dev-Team members call him out for stealing their work:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f127/44289.htm

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
That sucks :( I'm sorry that happened to you, but good that you posted that because other people who are also unknowledgeable about jailbreaking or unlocking will benefit from seeing this :)

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
I feel stupid too. I used them for my 1st Gen and more recently for my 3GS.
And guess what, I was so naive I paid them to unlock and jailbreak in both instances, even when my existing sim was already with o2. I didn't realise but did they tell me otherwise - NO.
They don't assist very well either - scam, they got me good.

Reactions: Walkerizme

Walkerizme

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2020
This so called company is a SCAM! They own several different domain names and will not respond once they have your money. All the pop ups of peoples device that have been unlocked is a SCAM as well once you drill down. They claim a 94% customer review rating these are also FALSE! JODY SANDERS IS A SCAM ARTIST PERIOD. READ THE ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION PAPERS! HE IS THE ONLY STOCKHOLDER!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.