Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:37 AM   #1
joejoejoe
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Gmail 2.0 came and went?

Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	381462   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	381463  
joejoejoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2
erthquake
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Yep. Same here.
erthquake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:48 AM   #3
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots
Quote:
Originally Posted by erthquake View Post
Yep. Same here.
I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:56 AM   #4
erthquake
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.
Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.
erthquake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:00 PM   #5
GiantSteve
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots
Deleting the app and installing it is the trick. It looks to be a huge improvement on the prior gmail version
GiantSteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:02 PM   #6
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
I grabbed the update. I had recently deleted it from my phone because Mail suffices, or so it seems.
__________________
Because I'm a smartass.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:07 PM   #7
joejoejoe
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by erthquake View Post
Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.
this worked!

and the new app is fantastic. finally feels like a real app designed from the ground up, as opposed to the web app just ported to native form.

thanks!
joejoejoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Never mind.

Last edited by shurcooL; Dec 5, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
shurcooL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC