Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickgri

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Siri voice

Get rid of the computer voice already-with the chips and storage of today how hard would it be really to get thousands of the most commonly used words recorded and then put back into sentence form with a nice real human voice?

ThatsMrsGeek2U

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
Ford have Ford SYNC, which is pretty impressive!

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/

wow, you clearly have never used MyFordTouch (MFT) or talk to anyone who has for more than a minute, it is the joke of the auto world and the bain for most that own ford with it. i own a Flex and it is the only thing about the whole car I dont love. I hate it on so many levels. There are other folks that actually bought a lower trim model Flex and gave up other things they really wanted just so they could get a dash without MFT in it!

Im doing major work to put a iPad mini in my Flex to free myself from MFT as much as i can as fast as i can

jonnyblobby

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Aus, Sydney
whats new?

could be missing something but i have already found that when iPhone is connected to a car stereo via bluetooth that Siri functions eyes free already.
as in, instead of just showing a result to a voice enquiry, siri reads the result out (which isn't done when requests are made directly on the phone)
examples being, "open text message" and having siri read it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.