Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pieuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Help! Recently my mac has been firing up its fans at nearly full wack and its every time I plug in my Ethernet cable (via the apply convertor of course)

I go to istat nano and it shows in processess, that mDNSResponder is running at 50% etc. I am pretty convinced this must be the problem. as the cpu temp and fans cool/slow down when i physically remove the ethernet...

help? this is so frustrating

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Did you had recently some devices attached which support Bonjour / sharing their name and services.
When of properly detached sometime that daemon runs crazy and try to discover the network. Saw that recently too but played a lots with AFP shares over network.

Tell us a bit more. You can also kill the process (but make sure to have no active files in use)

pieuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
hi there,

not heard of bonjour before, so cant imagine id have done that?

i tried typing killall etc didnt seem to do anything:/ probably entering it wrong perhaps

pieuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
none of those bud. I am in halls, dont set any of that stuff up here. Its just me my laptop and the ethernet cable lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.