Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brradley

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Hi guys,

When do you reckon the MacBook Pros with Haswell will come out? I'm hoping it will tie in with the back to school promo in the UK (June/July/August) as I've been saving up all year to buy the newest version to last me through university.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Various....

roadmaps suggests a Q2 2013 launch for Haswell. Assuming Intel adheres strictely to their roadmap, there will be a chance for new hardware in time for WWDC, what often comes in June. So, yes, there will be a chance for the time frame you expect. But I cant recommend to wait or not. That is up to you.

:):apple:

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
From the Wiki:
Intel is expected to release CPUs based on this microarchitecture around June 2, 2013 according to leaked roadmaps.
Take that as you will, but that could only imply Desktop CPUs. We may not see mobile CPUs (Low Voltage or Ultra Low Voltage) until months later. But honestly, I'm not sure and this is all speculation.

If I had to pick a month, I'd say MBPs in July and MBAs in August. But hey, who knows!

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Rumours point to June. Certainly would make sense for the Back to School promotion that usually takes place...

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Take that as you will, but that could only imply Desktop CPUs. We may not see mobile CPUs (Low Voltage or Ultra Low Voltage) until months later.

I second that. June is the release of retail desktop processors, then its gonna take some time for Apple to get the mobile ones and produce the macs and then ship worldwide. I expect WWDC in July to anounce new Macs available in August 1st

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.