Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:02 AM   #26
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstatic View Post
Sounds good, thanks
So what's the final verdict on it being available for everybody or just those who have previously purchased CS2? There seems to be a lot of confusion and speculation on what the facts are.

Adobe hasn't even bothered posting a note about it on their download page.
Read this article I linked to earlier (and the comments section):
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...g-by-accident/
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:42 AM   #27
macstatic
macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've read it (though not all the comments) but I don't see any conclusion to the matter.
Furthermore, at the end of the article where it says:

Update: Or perhaps not. The new download page has now been pulled. Alas. While it's still working for some people, for others, it's redirecting to a CS6 page.

... I just tried the link and it works just fine for me! There's no redirection to the CS6 page and all the CS2 downloads and serial numbers are there (yes, I also tried a reload to see if it was the cache).

Last edited by macstatic; Jan 17, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
macstatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:53 PM   #28
boatcapt
macrumors member

Has anyone got this to run on a fairly new software version? I'm running 10.7.5. If so, what programs are your running to get it to work? Thanks.
boatcapt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:17 AM   #29
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
Has anyone got this to run on a fairly new software version? I'm running 10.7.5. If so, what programs are your running to get it to work? Thanks.
It will run on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 using Rosetta to translate PPC to Intel, this is how I'm using it in a partition on my 2011 iMac. I have 16GB RAM, & it's running faster on my new iMac than it did on my G5 PPC iMac.

CS2 will not run on Lion or Mountain Lion unless inside a Windows virtual machine. I have read that it will run on Windows up to Win 7. You can download a Win version from Adobe too.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:55 AM   #30
boatcapt
macrumors member

So if I download Oracle Virtualbox do I need to download a operating system that CS2 will run on also? I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I do know a little. Is Virtualbox easy to set up?
I downloaded CS2 on my xp desktop, but its old and slow. Only 1gb of ram. I want to put this on my macbook pro with 8 gb of ram.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:19 AM   #31
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
So if I download Oracle Virtualbox do I need to download a operating system that CS2 will run on also? I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I do know a little. Is Virtualbox easy to set up?
I downloaded CS2 on my xp desktop, but its old and slow. Only 1gb of ram. I want to put this on my macbook pro with 8 gb of ram.
Yes, you need to have Windows software too, to install in Virtual Box, and then install the Adobe CS2. I installed VirtualBox, Win XP & Quicken in one of my user accounts about a year ago ---it's a big blur to me now (it was a blur to me then too). I hadn't done anything like that before either but somehow I muddled through without too much difficulty so I'm pretty sure if I could do it, you can too. I think I googled AskDaveTaylor.com and reread his article about setting up VirtualBox on a Mac a couple times for reassurance, because frankly, VirtualBox Help pdf was a bit confusing to me. If I can find the link to that I'll add it to this post.

Here's some helpful set-up info:
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...and-parallels/

and

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/virtual...-free-sort-of/

Last edited by CrickettGrrrl; Jan 25, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:24 AM   #32
boatcapt
macrumors member

How about if I wanted to run the Mac Version? Where could I get a earlier version? Thanks for the help, Crickett.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:41 AM   #33
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
How about if I wanted to run the Mac Version? Where could I get a earlier version? Thanks for the help, Crickett.
Which version of OS X came with your MacBook Pro? If it was Lion, then I don't think you can run Snow Leopard on a partition, because the firmware doesn't support the older versions. If you did have SL originally, then that's definitely the easiest way to go. Now, whether SL can run in a VM on Lion, --I don't know.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:16 AM   #34
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I found a ton of useful info on these forums searching site:forums.macrumors.com etc., and found this linked in one of the threads:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/government...ased-mac/10652

And Apple is selling Snow Leopard again on their online store:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...6-snow-leopard
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:39 PM   #35
MichaelLAX
macrumors 6502a

Apple has rereleased Snow Leopard Server at a 95% discount: $19.99 + sales tax & shipping costs at 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753) - Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A (telephone orders only).

Parallels 8 is available at a 40% discount at $49.99 for the next 3 days as part of the March 2013 MacUpdate 10 app bundle.

Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2) Photoshop running in Snow Leopard Server installed into Parallels for use in Lion or Mountain Lion:

[click on image to enlarge]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photoshop red flag in SLS.png
Views:	60
Size:	791.6 KB
ID:	402912  
MichaelLAX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 02:33 PM   #36
blanka
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelLAX View Post
Parallels 8 is available at a 40% discount at $49.99 for the next 3 days as part of the March 2013 MacUpdate 10 app bundle.
Virtual Box is Free and at least as good as Parallels since V4.
And I bought Win 8 pro for 30$ in Januar, a much better combination, as it allows you to run the Intel version instead of a PPC emulated one.
blanka is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics