Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:27 PM   #26
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
... but I told her that she could no longer give money, but had to offer food.
Wow.

Do you often order your wife around like that?

I'm not in the habit of telling my wife what she can no longer do.

YMMV.
citizenzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:41 PM   #27
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
Wow.

Really? ZA really put his foot down on this one, he sure put her in her place. Maybe he suggested it, and/or explained it to her.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:46 PM   #28
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

It's plain to see who wears the trousers.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:56 PM   #29
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
As I've stated before, my wife tends to give to the homeless quite a bit (or did), I usually donate through Charity to assure that the money is being spent properly (although mostly to children/pet charities), but I told her that she could no longer give money, but had to offer food. She got called a "****ing bitch" once and that was the end of it.
Quote:
Wow.

I'm not in the habit of telling my wife what she can no longer do.

YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFairy View Post
Really? ZA really put his foot down on this one, he sure put her in her place. Maybe he suggested it, and/or explained it to her.
Reading these posts, (and contemplating a reply) as a suitable backdrop, I am listening to the stunning last movement of Michael Nyman's stupefying soundtrack for 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover'......

Well, maybe that is what is giving rise to the discordant note in my mind... ..

Er. Um. As with the movie I have just (ever so inadvertently alluded to - hey, I like the music, and love the message, especially the one delivered with such force in the final electrifying scene), I sometimes get the sense that there are guys who believe that they have a right (god-given, scripturally derived or otherwise) to issue detailed and elaborate instructions on how an adult female should live her life, and conduct herself......

Needless to say, this remains a complete and impenetrable mystery to me. Why an adult male should issue an instruction to an adult female (and think he has the right to so do) and think that he should expect nothing less than complete compliance.....And why an adult female would contemplate accepting an instruction or command issued by an adult male.....without quibbling....or dissenting....or ....disobeying....and think that compliance was a part of the contract (implicit or explicit) contingent on having an adult human relationship....(preferably consensual)....is something I confess freely I will never understand.

Sigh. This is because (for me) civic rights - my rights as a citizen - triumph and trump rights unwillingly accorded to those in an eighteenth century vision and version of human adult relationships as expressed in some of the posts I have read here.

Last edited by Scepticalscribe; Dec 24, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 05:59 PM   #30
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
That's okay. The moment she finds out he said this, her zipper will come back around to the front, while his gets pulled around to the back.

BL.
bradl is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 06:09 PM   #31
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
Perhaps they are The Wrong Trousers?
iJohnHenry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 06:28 PM   #32
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

My wife often orders me to take out the trash, clean up after myself and sometimes orders me to turn off the TV and go to bed. Who does she think she is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Reading these posts, (and contemplating a reply) as a suitable backdrop, I am listening to the stunning last movement of Michael Nyman's stupefying soundtrack for 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover'......

Well, maybe that is what is giving rise to the discordant note in my mind... ..

Er. Um. As with the movie I have just (ever so inadvertently alluded to - hey, I like the music, and love the message, especially the one delivered with such force in the final electrifying scene), I sometimes get the sense that there are guys who believe that they have a right (god-given, scripturally derived or otherwise) to issue detailed and elaborate instructions on how an adult female should live her life, and conduct herself......

Needless to say, this remains a complete and impenetrable mystery to me. Why an adult male should issue an instruction to an adult female (and think he has the right to so do) and think that he should expect nothing less than complete compliance.....And why an adult female would contemplate accepting an instruction or command issued by an adult male.....without quibbling....or dissenting....or ....disobeying....and think that compliance was a part of the contract (implicit or explicit) contingent on having an adult human relationship....(preferably consensual)....is something I confess freely I will never understand.

Sigh. This is because (for me) civic rights - my rights as a citizen - triumph and trump rights unwillingly accorded to those in an eighteenth century vision and version of human adult relationships as expressed in some of the posts I have read here.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 06:31 PM   #33
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJohnHenry View Post
Perhaps they are The Wrong Trousers?
Well, if discussing trousers, and rulers wearing them, 'The Ragged Trouser'ed Philantropist' wins my vote in this discussion.....
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:28 AM   #34
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]... I am listening to the stunning last movement of Michael Nyman's stupefying soundtrack for 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover'......
Oy. Now there's a movie that will give you something to chew on.

[pun intended]

What an incredibly horrific, yet compelling film.
citizenzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:08 AM   #35
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601

Quote:
Oy. Now there's a movie that will give you something to chew on.

[pun intended]

What an incredibly horrific, yet compelling film.
It is, isn't it?

And what a brilliant score....
Scepticalscribe is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues