Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

999blb

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
I was syncing my iPod Touch 4G on iOS 5.1.1 (jailbroken) this evening, and it was still syncing mysteriously when it had finished everything. I went over to settings and saw that my iPod was downloading iOS 6.0.1!!! I have no idea why it started that because I always decline the update in iTunes. Why did it do this, and how do I delete what it has started to download?

Thanks!

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
My iPod touch 4G is also on iOS 5.1.1. After seeing the update to iOS 6 message a second time, I clicked "no" & "Do not remind me again". Maybe you accidentally clicked? I know iTunes will always ask before updating.

At the left side bar, click the "X" button to terminate it. Make sure it disappears or else it will continue downloading the next time you open iTunes.

999blb

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Maybe, I'm not sure though. All I know is that it started downloading in the Software Update section in Settings. I stopped it from continuing, so hopefully it doesn't try pulling this again.

Oh, and I installed a tweak off Cydia called "No Update", and it blocks OTA updates from Apple :3 so it should stop it as well.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It will automatically download the OTA updates when it is connected to WiFi. This is how it's been since iOS 5.0.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1 and an OTA was forced. Just ignore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.