Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I've had the 1,2,and 3rd gen iPads and as much as I enjoyed them all, I gotta say taking the Nexus 7 for this holiday weekend has been such a treat. It did everything I threw at it and then some.

This is just personally, but holding the N7 over the Mini just feels overall better in the hand.

I got it paired with this case http://www.speckproducts.com/fitfolio-for-google-nexus-7.html

Perfect travel device. Didn't even need to bring my MBA for the trip.

N7 and case cost $250....def worth every penny

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I know a lot of people have probably talke about this, but after reading a bunch of reviews, especially this one, it's hard for me to disagree. I've used a Nexus 7, and I think I'm going to sell in favor of a mini.

Who wants a tablet to run phone apps?

I can't believe he puts his tablets on a surface that can easily scratch the tablet screen and back.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I've had the 1,2,and 3rd gen iPads and as much as I enjoyed them all, I gotta say taking the Nexus 7 for this holiday weekend has been such a treat. It did everything I threw at it and then some.

This is just personally, but holding the N7 over the Mini just feels overall better in the hand.

I got it paired with this case http://www.speckproducts.com/fitfolio-for-google-nexus-7.html

Perfect travel device. Didn't even need to bring my MBA for the trip.

N7 and case cost $250....def worth every penny
It would be nice if those cases stayed in stock! :eek:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I have a mini -first tablet. In an earlier thread on poster talked about it is really the apps that make the difference. I thought that was really not true - could that really make that much of a difference. Almost bought a Nexus 7. Having a mini for 2 weeks now I can tell you it is really the apps that make the difference. The web browser screen is not great - not terrible but not great. However, the actually iPad apps look great and work great. The difference between stretched phone apps and real iPad apps is truly amazing.
Love my mini.

Wait, so the mini is your first tablet, you never owned or used a Nexus 7, and yet, somehow you know that apps make the THAT much of a difference? Despite that fact that you have zero expierence directly in comparing the two and you are assuming that apps are stretched or are phone apps, but again, have no idea what so ever, specifically?

It's great you love your mini, but stop talking about stuff you know nothing about directly, you are spreading bad information and providing a disservice to anyone looking for true, honest and unbiased information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.