Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToothTooth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I hadn't seen any discussions about Bobsled, so I thought this might be useful to some of you. I just tried out the Bobsled app for ipod touch and its pretty great. I bought my ipod touch (in Sept 2010) instead of an iphone because I don't have much need for talking on a cell phone (or a $1,000 a year voice/data plan). But in those rare instances when I do need to make a call when I'm away from home or work, Bobsled is a pretty nice solution. It provides free outbound calling to any landline or mobile phone in the US. Its also integrated with Facebook if you're into that sort of thing.

RobinHood5

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
I hadn't seen any discussions about Bobsled, so I thought this might be useful to some of you. I just tried out the Bobsled app for ipod touch and its pretty great. I bought my ipod touch (in Sept 2010) instead of an iphone because I don't have much need for talking on a cell phone (or a $1,000 a year voice/data plan). But in those rare instances when I do need to make a call when I'm away from home or work, Bobsled is a pretty nice solution. It provides free outbound calling to any landline or mobile phone in the US. Its also integrated with Facebook if you're into that sort of thing.

Textfree with voice + voicemail is waaaaaay better than bobsled....

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Yes I have Bobsled and have used it. Not bad. I also use the MagicJack App. Great little apps for avoiding those thousand dollar phone bills you mentioned. With free WIFI everywhere now, there is no need to pay AT&T or Verizon their ridiculous fees only to be choked by their restrictive use agreements.

I love the design/feel of the iPod Touch much better than the iPhone or Samsung models. The iPod is small, slim/slender, and fits into my pocket easily. I use stereo headphones for the ultimate in enjoyability while using the phone apps.

ToothTooth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Textfree with voice + voicemail is waaaaaay better than bobsled....

I just tried out TextFree with voice + voicemail. I don't care for it. It makes you jump through hoops to "earn" more voice minutes? No thanks. Bobsled has unlimited free outbound voice without having to watch commercials or buy things.

koftis

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Question about bobsled

one question about bobsled. If i travel to another country from these included to bobsled catalog but i will still have my cell phone number which is included to the catalog may i be able to make calls?

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.