Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
I'm assuming not, but just to be sure, is there any way to transfer pictures taken with my iphone 5 to my iPad 2 (wifi only) if I'm not on wifi? Any kind of cable set up?

Thanks,
Brad

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
It would be nice if you could transfer data and images via BT from one apple device to another, when wifi was not available.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I'm assuming not, but just to be sure, is there any way to transfer pictures taken with my iphone 5 to my iPad 2 (wifi only) if I'm not on wifi? Any kind of cable set up?

Thanks,
Brad

Camera connection kit and a USB cable. The camera connection kit will transfer the photos from your iPhone to iPad.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Camera connection kit only works to transfer pictures to an iPad from a camera.

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
It would be nice if you could transfer data and images via BT from one apple device to another, when wifi was not available.

We need something like wifi direct that is available on most Android phones.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Well u can do it through ICloud if both of your devices are on the Internet at some point, not necessarily at the same time. If u want it NOW and insist on doing it device-to-device, oops.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Camera connection kit and a USB cable. The camera connection kit will transfer the photos from your iPhone to iPad.

If using on iPad with lightning connector, you'll need the 13-pin to lightning adapter for the iPad end. (I use the original Camera Kit and don't know if there's a new one made with lightning connector.)

Camera connection kit only works to transfer pictures to an iPad from a camera.

Not true, as I have used it to transfer pix from iPhone 3Gs, 4 and 5 to iPad 1 and iPad 4. The iPhone is seen as a camera.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012

Thanks,
Brad

There are plenty of free apps which let to transfer pictures and videos through Bluetooth. UbiDisk is my favorite. Click "local files", the plus sign, then "From Photo Album" to add the photos to the app, then you can send the files individually.

If you don't mind paying, I find PhotoSync to be the best. You don't have to transfer the photos/videos to the app first, you can sync to almost any third party service, it keeps track of which photos are new and haven't been synced yet, and it automatically detects if it should send the files via Bluetooth or Wifi.

Both apps are highly recommended, and accomplish what you're looking for.

Have fun!

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
There are plenty of free apps which let to transfer pictures and videos through Bluetooth. UbiDisk is my favorite. Click "local files", the plus sign, then "From Photo Album" to add the photos to the app, then you can send the files individually.

If you don't mind paying, I find PhotoSync to be the best. You don't have to transfer the photos/videos to the app first, you can sync to almost any third party service, it keeps track of which photos are new and haven't been synced yet, and it automatically detects if it should send the files via Bluetooth or Wifi.

Both apps are highly recommended, and accomplish what you're looking for.

Have fun!

Nice! I will check it out. Thanks

Hustler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Yea I know about iCloud/ photostream, but I'm talking about if I have no Internet connection with my wifi ipad2.
Some of those apps sound great, I'll look them up.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, guys.

Brad

Hustler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Does anyone know if these apps allow for high resolution transfer? Or is it low res?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.