Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:10 AM   #1
lspurge
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 White screen of death. HELP!!!

Sitting on its own, only about 30 mins after the last time I checked my phone at work, I found my iPhone 4 on the famed "white screen of death". I came home and looked up all sorts of different suggestions and possible solutions and I have tried them all:

Holding the home button and the hold button (even for up to five minutes) and I still have the same screen. The suggestions/videos show a reboot with the apple logo appearing, but this hasn't happened.

I have also tried to "Restore" the phone on iTunes now three times. I have been having problems all day since I downloaded the new Facebook app 24 hours ago so I have deleted the app and tried another restore, but this didn't work either.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions?!?
lspurge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:14 AM   #2
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020

Let it die and hopefully it will boot normally. If it goes back to the white screen, maybe after it restarts it'll let you enter DFU mode.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:24 AM   #3
lspurge
macrumors newbie

Thanks iBreatheApple, that's what I'll try next. So to get into dfu mode I hold the two keys again, and the notice comes up saying it detects an iphone in recovery mode, etc. What do I do from there?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:30 AM   #4
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspurge View Post
Thanks iBreatheApple, that's what I'll try next. So to get into dfu mode I hold the two keys again, and the notice comes up saying it detects an iphone in recovery mode, etc. What do I do from there?
FROM DFU mode, see if it lets you do a hard reset, (both buttons) that might fix whatever glitch you have. If not, I guess your only bet is to restore from backup (or as new.)
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:44 AM   #5
mloffa
macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you happen to update your Facebook App before this? That's Wat happened to a friend of mine. Not sure if it was a coincidence or what.
mloffa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:49 PM   #6
lspurge
macrumors newbie

Yeah, I had updated the facebook app 24 hours before and had problems with it all day until that happened.

I haven't been able to drain the battery yet because I can't make it do any functions!!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 02:54 AM   #7
avro707
macrumors 6502a

Mine has done this as well! Well, it has a moving "snow" sort of pattern across the screen.

The symptom that started it was that the screen flashed dim and now it is stuck. I wish the phone had a battery, or at least a physical switch to turn it off and remove power from it.

I'm just going to have to let the battery drain.

Edit: Posting here seems to have made it run out of power.

Edit 2: Restoring it with DFU mode. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by avro707; Nov 6, 2011 at 03:15 AM.
avro707 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:40 AM   #8
cashdaddy23
macrumors newbie

iphone 4s all white screen

dropped my iphone 4s @ work and now screen is all white!!!!!!!! phone still works is able to receive calls and txts. anybody have any idea how to fix it???????????//
cashdaddy23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone