Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
perhaps you totally did not read my post above, which clearly states that we shouldn't be criticizing others who put down other people's preferences. he was making a joke saying how even his 5 year old knows a keyboard shouldn't be used with the iPad, then threw in that tidbit about the woman laughing in agreement. the entire post is narrow minded, which leads me to my post. let me RE-post it for you:

so when you make a post that is meant to make a joke of, and make fun of the personal preference of many - stating that even a 5 year old knows better, people will take offense. it was a narrow minded post in his part, end of story. that's the record set straight

Wow- really?
I just thought it was a humorous antidote for the thread.
That said- I couldn't care less if some one wants to add a keyboard or a mouse or an external camera to the iPad.
The debate itself is kind of silly. if the onscreen keypad doesn't work for you- get one that does.

As far as my little buddy- agree- he has the similar narrow mind of a Steve Jobs.
Neither one thought the iPad needed an external keyboard.

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Wow- really?
That said- I couldn't care less if some one wants to add a keyboard or a mouse or an external camera to the iPad.
The debate itself is kind of silly. if the onscreen keypad doesn't work for you- get one that does.

As far as my little buddy- agree- he has the similar narrow mind of a Steve Jobs.

i didn't really have a problem with your post until that other guy wanted to turn it all into a big issue. it wasn't my intention to have it get blown up, i was merely trying to calm the other guy down for over reacting.

the debate is silly - the iPad is a great device and can be used however we like. that's the great thing about it.

Steve Jobs was quite the visionary, but what he thought wasn't the end-all of everything. if he was right about the keyboard, why have the BT keyboards been one of the most popular iPad accessories that people are buying? they must be popular for so many players to have entered the accessory market - Kensington, Logitech, Zagg, the list goes on...

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
perhaps you totally did not read my post above, which clearly states that we shouldn't be criticizing others who put down other people's preferences. he was making a joke saying how even his 5 year old knows a keyboard shouldn't be used with the iPad, then threw in that tidbit about the woman laughing in agreement. the entire post is narrow minded, which leads me to my post. let me RE-post it for you:

so when you make a post that is meant to make a joke of, and make fun of the personal preference of many - stating that even a 5 year old knows better, people will take offense. it was a narrow minded post in his part, end of story. that's the record set straight

I think you read a bit too much into his post.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Wow- really?

Apple bothered to build in bluetooth support for their keyboards, and even showed their ipad being docked and paired with one during their ipad1 keynote. This showed that they anticipated their ipad being used with one for typing, just that it was primarily intended to be capable of functioning without one. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.