Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masp84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
It's been exactly 562 days since the last iMac refresh. If the 21" is launched later this month you can account 572 or so days, that's almost two years to buy your new 5400 rpm 21" iMac. Kudos to Apple ;)

Last edited:

masp84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
So who got the 21" iMac this month? nice deal on black Friday? or a back to school voucher? I wanna know if this AMAZING new thin product delivers

experimenthouse

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Sydney, Australia
So who got the 21" iMac this month? nice deal on black Friday? or a back to school voucher? I wanna know if this AMAZING new thin product delivers

Not out yet.

In relation to your original qualms, all I can say is "don't buy it." If the 2011 model is superior to the 2012 model, then stick with the 2011.

I am looking forward to moving onto the 2012 model — I've got plenty of high quality external drives if I ever need to read or burn optical media (accumulated because Apple's internal drives have always caused me trouble).

I will be producing music with mine, and the i7 issue is irrelevant. Most software will run perfectly on an i5, unless actually written to take advantage of hyper-threading (as far as I know, not many actually do).

I'm slightly annoyed that my Digi 002 F/W interface won't hook up straight away, but the necessary adaptors are cheap enough for it not to worry me significantly, and I don't expect Apple to support interfaces they don't feel are necessary to support anymore.

Heck, I'm still annoyed that they dropped Rosetta, as I've still got some PPC apps I'd like to run!

But all this brings me back to my original comment of: "don't buy it."

If it's not what you're looking for in a computer, then you are entirely free to look elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.