Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:29 AM   #1
peacenfunk
macrumors member

Next gen purchase

So, it's been nearly two months since the new iPad and iPad mini came out. After having this much time now, how do you feel with your purchase? Are you happy with it?

When the next generations are released do you think you will get the same or change of mind?

I have an iPad mini but may get the iPad 5 if the mini is realeased at the same time.

Thoughts?
peacenfunk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:48 AM   #2
maflynn

I'm extremely happy with my purchase and to be honest I'm not looking forward at what apple may or may not do for the next generation. When apple does in fact release it I'll consider but what you're asking is two different types of tablets.

The mini is a 7" tablet that is great at a number of things. The iPad 4 (and presumably the 5) is a larger tablet with a superior screen - it offers a different set of features, like a faster processor but because its larger is less mobile (I cannot put the iPad 4 in my coat pocket).

Enjoy what you have today and if you like any of the new products then you can sell what you have and then get the new one.
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:31 AM   #3
cardfan
macrumors regular

The next gen products aren't likely to differ much except be a little faster. Any thin & lightness for an ipad 5 is negated by the case you throw on it. The Mini is highly unlikely to go retina anytime soon. Buy for now, enjoy now.
cardfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:56 AM   #4
shortcrust
macrumors 6502

Very pleased with my mini. I couldn't go back to a full size one now. I'll only upgrade when a retina mini comes out.
shortcrust is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:52 AM   #5
Peter K.
macrumors member

I bought my 32 GB iPad 4 on Black Friday at Target and I am seriously considering returning it while I still can, in anticipation of buying an iPad 5 (if it becomes apparent that they are coming out in March).

I sort of regret not getting 64 GB anyway, but it all depends on what news the next two weeks bring.
Peter K. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:58 AM   #6
flight
macrumors regular

It really depends on the software. If my iPad still runs the my apps and operating system well, then I can wait until the next upgrade.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:59 AM   #7
Macman45
macrumors G5

I had both the 3 and now the 64GB 4...I'm not likely to jump into anything this year unless a huge leap forward is evident. The 4 is a fantastic device iMO
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:21 AM   #8
luqtotheman
macrumors regular

I'm pretty happy with my ipad 4, but then again I haven ' t seen the new ipad 5 lol
luqtotheman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:12 AM   #9
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacenfunk View Post
When the next generations are released do you think you will get the same or change of mind?
I bought a Mini knowing there would probably be an update in under 12 months. I don't plan on replacing it any time soon. I had been using a 3rd gen iPod Touch. As long as the Mini meets my needs why replace it?

I'll replace it when it no longer needs my needs. Or after a couple of years, if the battery needs replacement I'll look at buying a new iPad instead og possibly just getting the battery service done.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:23 AM   #10
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I bought a Mini knowing there would probably be an update in under 12 months. I don't plan on replacing it any time soon. I had been using a 3rd gen iPod Touch. As long as the Mini meets my needs why replace it?

I'll replace it when it no longer needs my needs. Or after a couple of years, if the battery needs replacement I'll look at buying a new iPad instead og possibly just getting the battery service done.
Same reason I'm keeping and enjoying my 3rd gen iPad. When the 4th upgrade came out so quickly I initially felt blindsided, thought I needed the faster processor and the lightning port to go with my new iPhone 5, but really, I don't see my needs being better fulfiled by selling my 3 at a loss and getting a 4 when I can just hold out until the iPad 5th or 6th gens come out.
mpayne2k is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad