Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Yep, worst year for apple products, which is why they just recently reclaimed the spot for most valuable company.

Yeah, well that's the beauty of having one of the world's strongest brands. They can handle a year of dull products. Analysts are probably recommending investment ahead of next year when they might be back to actually showing something new and innovative, like a bigger iPhone, iWatch and a retina Mini.

Until then, they'll probably continue losing some of the smartphone market share to companies that offer bigger screen phones with a wider range of capabilities. But they'll be back in the frontline at some point and that's what people are counting on. I know I'm certainly hoping they will be. I look forward to the day when I find an iPhone exciting again :)

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Do you think Apple allow some things to leak to keep up publicity and people's interest?

josen

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2013
Doubling down on secrecy where it counts is happening. Well yes, we all know about the iWatch, but we have no details.

We have no details on the juicy stuff. Apple isn't going to go gung-ho on the late stuff.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Do you think Apple allow some things to leak to keep up publicity and people's interest?

Almost certainly. It basically gets them free publicity and builds excitement for their new products. Sure, some, possibly most, aren't intentional (see iPhone 4 Gizmodo debacle ;) ) but I'd bet that a lot are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.