Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baz178

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Hi Happy New Year Guys

Looking for some speakers for my imac 21.5 inch thin which hopping to come early January, any body recommend some not too expensive but willing to pay between £50 and £70 thanks Dan

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Got a friend with the Sound sticks and sub woofer jellyfish looking thingy. I find it too murky and base heavy. It's especially hard to hear voices with it all hooked up. BUT his system is quite old. They may have changed since then.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Can't go far wrong with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-In...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1357221966&sr=1-1

In fact, Maplin have them on offer for £35 for a little while, and with a £3 voucher code (if you are on the maining list) otherwise try finding a discount code online) it's a steal. The obvious attraction being the magnetically-shielded speakers and the on-desk controller to turn them off without having to dive under the desk every time. Creative talk about their IFP design but I don't have a way of benchmarking that against other systems but it sounds plausible.

Good luck

davedev100

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Have you tried the internal iMac speakers yet? I don't pay real close attention to speakers, but those on my new iMac 27" sound really good, better than my previous monitors speakers and any external speakers I have had though admittedly those have been of the standard PC type external speaker.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Got a friend with the Sound sticks and sub woofer jellyfish looking thingy. I find it too murky and base heavy. It's especially hard to hear voices with it all hooked up. BUT his system is quite old. They may have changed since then.
There is an adjustment on the subwoofer to control the bass. I bet your friend had it jacked all the way up.

I have a pair of the original SoundSticks and they still sound decent even if they are about 8 or 9 years old.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
There is an adjustment on the subwoofer to control the bass. I bet your friend had it jacked all the way up.

I have a pair of the original SoundSticks and they still sound decent even if they are about 8 or 9 years old.

Thanks for the clarification. I reckon you are right. He probably has it jacked all the way up and doesn't even know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.