Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I've been given an Amazon voucher to get a Vita game, I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions?

I was thinking either Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

Any opinions on which is more fun?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've only got NFS for the PS3, but I hear the Vita one is exactly the same (but with slightly less cars on the road). And it's an amazing game. Have you ever played Burnout Paradise? It's effectively the sequel to that.

I've got Liberation but haven't played much of it. I've heard mixed things about it, it's very polarising. But I love the story so far, even more than AC3. Her story just seems a lot more personal.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I've only got NFS for the PS3, but I hear the Vita one is exactly the same (but with slightly less cars on the road). And it's an amazing game. Have you ever played Burnout Paradise? It's effectively the sequel to that.

I've got Liberation but haven't played much of it. I've heard mixed things about it, it's very polarising. But I love the story so far, even more than AC3. Her story just seems a lot more personal.

Haha, that has just seems to make the decision harder :p

I played Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and loved it, so NFS may be worth a look.

I've never played any other AC games though, would it be better to play a couple of the PS3 first or do you think it doesn't really matter?

Thanks

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I was also wondering why do you think ACIII:L was given an 18/M rating? I don't like playing games with excessive gore or anything.

Language is usually fine, but my younger brother sometimes borrows my Vita and I don't want him playing it when brains splatter everywhere or there's a room full of scantily clad women :p

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I was also wondering why do you think ACIII:L was given an 18/M rating? I don't like playing games with excessive gore or anything.
Content descriptors: Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Content descriptors: Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)

Thanks, was googling but couldn't find that anywhere. Doesn't sound that bad.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Thanks, was googling but couldn't find that anywhere. Doesn't sound that bad.
That's from the ESRB website (esrb.org). And no, it didn't really sound all that bad. It's not like you have to pick up hookers to regain your health or anything...

I have the game but I haven't played it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.