Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lbros360

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
I was wondering why Best Buy only has the Verizon and Sprint models. I really wanted the At&t 32gb ipad mini model and I have so many best buy discounts. Does anyone know why they don't sell At&t. Any help is much appreciated... THANK YOU

JoshS

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
It's actually a legit question. I was trying to figure out the same thing when shopping for my mini.

Any of the forum's best buy employees have any insights?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
As of December BB wasn't selling the AT&T versions. I ended up returning my Wi-Fi at BB and going to the AT&T store.

It may have changed since then, but I doubt it. All the info I got from a BB employee was that their contract with AT&T was sort of on the rocks.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
We know it's a legit question. So is the answer.

EDIT: I see the mods deleted a post that makes several other posts hard to understand. Gotta love the mods. Dozens of threads on the same topic, no problem. A little sarcastic answer, now that's a problem.

OP - If you want to know why BB doesn't carry ATT iPads, call BB and ask. You could have had your answer in 5 minutes.

Last edited:

pocketpenguin

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly the opposite at Target. They seem to carry only AT&T. Like you, I have a lot of discounts at a store and they don't have the product I want. My local bestbuy has 4's and minis on Verizon, but I've no discounts there. Sorry, not much help, but you have my sympathies.

lbros360

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
We know it's a legit question. So is the answer.

EDIT: I see the mods deleted a post that makes several other posts hard to understand. Gotta love the mods. Dozens of threads on the same topic, no problem. A little sarcastic answer, now that's a problem.

OP - If you want to know why BB doesn't carry ATT iPads, call BB and ask. You could have had your answer in 5 minutes.

I called and the lady at Best Buy had no idea on why. She just said they have the regular Ipad 4 for at&t in stock. If you can see... I am a "newbie" on this forum and all I wanted was to see if anyone knew why...

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I was wondering why Best Buy only has the Verizon and Sprint models. I really wanted the At&t 32gb ipad mini model and I have so many best buy discounts. Does anyone know why they don't sell At&t. Any help is much appreciated... THANK YOU

Exactly the opposite at Target. They seem to carry only AT&T. Like you, I have a lot of discounts at a store and they don't have the product I want. My local bestbuy has 4's and minis on Verizon, but I've no discounts there. Sorry, not much help, but you have my sympathies.

Buy and trade with eachother? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.