Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dougall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
I need some help, sometimes my iphone 5 will freeze for a few seconds, like when I text the send button will stay stuck in for 5-7 seconds and other times my phone will just freeze for 5-7 seconds. Is this a common thing? What should I do?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Without knowing anything else I'd recommend restoring it I guess :confused:
Shouldn't be lagging that bad.

When sending a text on my 4 I can type almost 3 whole words sometimes before it catches up. I just chalk that up to having no free space on the phone.. Who knows.. Is your phone almost full memory wise? Lots of apps running?

Dougall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
What else could I tell you? not trying to sound rude im serious, I can tell you more if you want to know.

----------

Nope, 64gb with 48.2 gb left, nothing running really, always have my fb,twitter apps running in the background thats it really.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
What else could I tell you? not trying to sound rude im serious, I can tell you more if you want to know.

I wasn't trying to be rude either.
Is it jailbroken?
Is the memory almost full?
Have you dropped it?

It could be a lot of things man. Sorry for suggesting some advice.

Dougall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
I wasn't trying to be rude either.
Is it jailbroken?
Is the memory almost full?
Have you dropped it?

It could be a lot of things man. Sorry for suggesting some advice.

I guess ill try and restore it but..

its not jailbroken, and 48gbs left and I dropped it maybe once or twice, but its in a griffin sirvivor, and the drops were 3 feet max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.