Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shomenno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Hi there, is anyone able to point me in the right direction to find a shareware program that enables me to access the content on my ipad? Basically I want to be able to access the various bits of data that are on there, especially ebooks/epub files that rather annoyingly I am unable to back up since having my hard drive crash on my main computer.

Ta, Shomenno

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi there, is anyone able to point me in the right direction to find a shareware program that enables me to access the content on my ipad? Basically I want to be able to access the various bits of data that are on there, especially ebooks/epub files that rather annoyingly I am unable to back up since having my hard drive crash on my main computer.

Ta, Shomenno

ebook and epubs are 1. stored in iCloud.
2. backed up to iCloud natively.

Try iExplorer.

The New iPad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2012
That's the whole point of being jailbroken. It gives you access to the filesystem. iOS devices are read only if you're not jailbroken so file explorer programs will only let you see, not write to or copy from.

shomenno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Wouldn't the more responsible solution be to backup your computer's hard drive?

Yup you are right. Had a timecapsule backup that went 'south' as it was corrupted by the failing hard drive. Do have multiple external backups of my work, photos and music but obviously nothing in itunes such as books.

Ta

shomenno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008

Ta, Shomenno

Found a program that is for windows called Phonebrowse, just had to have itunes installed on my old laptop for it to work. Worked a treat and managed to copy all the epub data then transfered it to my mac and into itunes via USB drive.Basic version of phonebrowse was free.

Shomenno

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.