Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
"Could care less" is also correct if he could care less about retina than he currently does.

Using it in landscape eliminates many of the benefits of its smaller size.

Could care less is nonsense..who actually says "I could care less" in real life unless you want to look like a dumb ass....the term in full is "could not care less" meaning, the amount he cares about retina is so small he could not care less unless he cared zero! Anyway, to be American about it "whatever":rolleyes:

Last edited:

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Best Buy has the ipad 3 $50 off and gives you a $75 dollar gift card right now. If you want the 3.. this is the deal for you on a new iPad.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Could care less is nonsense..who actually says "I could care less" in real life unless you want to look like a dumb ass....the term in full is "could not care less" meaning, the amount he cares about retina is so small he could not care less unless he cared zero! Anyway, to be American about it "whatever":rolleyes:

For example:

Currently I'm thinking about the Mini but think it might not be pocketable enough. So I care about it.

If I buy it and decide it's not pocketable enough then it is out of the running and I won't care about it at all.

Therefore I currently can care less about the Mini than I currently do which makes it correct to say I could care less about it. Saying I could not care less is incorrect at this time because it implies that its impossible for me to care less about the Mini than I currently do, which as I've shown is incorrect.

Now if I later decide I don't want the Mini, it would be correct to say I couldn't care less about it because I then wouldn't care about it at all. Which is not true currently.

Don't get upset about your #GrammarNaziFail.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
For example:

Currently I'm thinking about the Mini but think it might not be pocketable enough. So I care about it.

If I buy it and decide it's not pocketable enough then it is out of the running and I won't care about it at all.

Therefore I currently can care less about the Mini than I currently do which makes it correct to say I could care less about it. Saying I could not care less is incorrect at this time because it implies that its impossible for me to care less about the Mini than I currently do, which as I've shown is incorrect.

Now if I later decide I don't want the Mini, it would be correct to say I couldn't care less about it because I then wouldn't care about it at all. Which is not true currently.

Don't get upset about your #GrammarNaziFail.

Nice twisting of the other persons post. That was not what they meant...in YOUR context it is correct but not something we day in England. Not trying to be a "grammarnazi". It just bugs me. # are for twitter!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.