Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Hello all,

Anyone know if there is any 3rd party software available for using an Epson scanner? The default software leads ALOT to be desired. No sure there is such an animal or not.

Thanks

Check our VueScan... which supports just about everything. There is a very extensive list of supported scanners... and you can try to SW out before buying (if I remember right).

/Jim

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
Another vote for VueScan, it works with virtually every scanner out there, you can get a thirty-day trial version to test it (scanned photos have watermarks).

I used the trial version once and bought it immediately, it's that useful.

It's breathed new life in to my seven-year old Canon scanner that Canon had given up developing software for; with VueScan, it works perfectly.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Another vote for VueScan, it works with virtually every scanner out there, you can get a thirty-day trial version to test it (scanned photos have watermarks).

I used the trial version once and bought it immediately, it's that useful.

It's breathed new life in to my seven-year old Canon scanner that Canon had given up developing software for; with VueScan, it works perfectly.

In my case... it saved my butt on a now discontinued $1500 Slide/Negative scanner from Nikon. It was better than the software Nikon originally shipped... so it would have been good to use even if Nikon will still supporting it.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.