Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:59 PM   #26
jmoore5196
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Dick, I don't think anyone here believes you're not entitled to value for money.

However, I've yet to see a single mass-produced product qualify as faultless. If you look hard enough, you'll find a fault with almost every object generated by human hands.

Are your expectations too high? Well, that's a value judgment. Is the hassle you've endured worthwhile? Probably not.

Perhaps you should ask for a refund and just sit back and wait. Expecting anything to be perfect - especially at the micro-intensive level of scrutiny applied by many on these forums - is probably futile.
jmoore5196 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:00 PM   #27
Ugadawgs
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I can understand your frustration. Waiting on my third BTO replacement as we speak. First one would not boot up. Second one was lost by FedEx for a week. When it finally arrived, the box looked like it was dragged behind the truck. Unpacked it and two massive scratches across the the top of the unit. Back it went and waited to receive my third Air. Low and behold, the audio jack would not play in stereo. Troubleshot the issue with Apple Care with no success. Back it went. Now I am patiently waiting for my FOURTH Air. This is ridiculous. I have been a Mac user for over twenty years and never had to return any of their products! The only concession they have given me is a "coupon" for $15 dollars off a purchase of $100. This is my last time going through the replacement process. If this fourth unit has any issues, I am giving up. This whole process started on the 5 of November. So I have been dealing with waiting for replacements and sending them back for over a month now.
Ugadawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:32 PM   #28
Dick Whitman
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore5196 View Post
Dick, I don't think anyone here believes you're not entitled to value for money.

However, I've yet to see a single mass-produced product qualify as faultless. If you look hard enough, you'll find a fault with almost every object generated by human hands.

Are your expectations too high? Well, that's a value judgment. Is the hassle you've endured worthwhile? Probably not.

Perhaps you should ask for a refund and just sit back and wait. Expecting anything to be perfect - especially at the micro-intensive level of scrutiny applied by many on these forums - is probably futile.
Honestly, I think you just said it best! There will always be something wrong, some imperfection. Is it worth the hassle of going through yet another exchange? No, it's really not. I think I have decided that I will keep this machine. Plus, I just installed the latest OS updates, restarted the device, and no more BLUE TINT! Apparently, the screen was locked on one of the inferior color profiles and I couldn't change it without restarting first.

Actually kind of happy now. The screen looks beautiful, acceptable to me anyway, and that minor blemish can easily be hidden with the free hard-case Apple sent me for all the trouble.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugadawgs View Post
I can understand your frustration. Waiting on my third BTO replacement as we speak. First one would not boot up. Second one was lost by FedEx for a week. When it finally arrived, the box looked like it was dragged behind the truck. Unpacked it and two massive scratches across the the top of the unit. Back it went and waited to receive my third Air. Low and behold, the audio jack would not play in stereo. Troubleshot the issue with Apple Care with no success. Back it went. Now I am patiently waiting for my FOURTH Air. This is ridiculous. I have been a Mac user for over twenty years and never had to return any of their products! The only concession they have given me is a "coupon" for $15 dollars off a purchase of $100. This is my last time going through the replacement process. If this fourth unit has any issues, I am giving up. This whole process started on the 5 of November. So I have been dealing with waiting for replacements and sending them back for over a month now.
Damn man, I can definitely feel your pain. This is why I hate ordering custom. Everything takes so much longer having to ship back and forth. I really wish Apple would carry more popular custom configurations in their stores, that way one could inspect the laptop over and very easily swap out for a replacement if there was something wrong. Anyway good luck and I hope it works out for you very soon!
Dick Whitman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:40 PM   #29
bizzle
macrumors 6502a
 
bizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
So when you go to pick up your new car from dealership you should just ignore the big dent and scratch on the car from the lot boy hitting another car? Ok.
That's completely different than someone whining about the brand of the screen and the single speck on the casing. If I bought the car I wanted and it had an incredibly small imperfection I'd let it go.
__________________
get your own damn blood.
bizzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:43 PM   #30
53x12
macrumors 68000
 
53x12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
That's completely different than someone whining about the brand of the screen and the single speck on the casing. If I bought the car I wanted and it had an incredibly small imperfection I'd let it go.
Unfortunately we all aren't like you. If there is a scratch or dent on my new laptop from the factory I want to be the person that does that. Not some factory employee in China. I paid good money for that right.
53x12 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:25 PM   #31
jmoore5196
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
Honestly, I think you just said it best!
You've given this writer a rare compliment. Thanks!
jmoore5196 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MBA Haswell Bootcamp nightmare Yixian Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 6 Jun 15, 2013 11:55 AM
Nightmare - Multiple MBA on Network - Duplicate MAC addresses lelandv MacBook Air 16 Mar 4, 2013 01:42 PM
MBA nightmare.....please help!! AznGunner MacBook Air 11 Oct 24, 2012 10:27 AM
Video issues resolved with MBA asattwanger MacBook Air 1 Jul 6, 2012 06:15 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC