Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
hey guys,

after much research ive decided to purchase a g 15 canon p&s for travel and my own personal use when iphone is not enough. At the studio we have a canon rebel for more professional looking shots and for making vids of artists performing or recording in the studio. does anyone own a g15? what are your thoughts on it..

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
It looks like a great camera. We have the G1 X and it takes great pictures. We were looking at the G12 a year or so ago, but decided to wait for the G13. It never showed up. So when the G1 X came out we grabbed that. It seems that the G15 is the successor of the G12.

The thing I hate about our camera is it seems to no be able to take pictures very fast (common with Canon).

The G15 is supposed to be faster than all the other G series though.

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
I do not have the G-15 but both my wife and I have G-10s which we absolutely love. All cameras of this type are slow writing images to cards so expect that to be the case. I also have the G1X which is even better though a touch larger than the smaller G cameras like the G-12 and G-15.

Know that none of this type of advanced point and shoot will get you the speed of DSLRs. (I am a photographer) My Canon 1DIII shoots at 10 frames per second and sounds like a machine gun in operation. Even my Canon 5DIII shoots at 7 FPS. That will not happen with any Point and Shoot camera be it Sony, Nikon, Canon, or whatever.

Keenupie

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
G15, If it had an Articulated Screen would already have replaced my older G11, but coming back to it, also do try check the Sony RX100, I truly find it the best right now, only my opinion.

But if you are into Canon then G15 won't disappoint.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Know that none of this type of advanced point and shoot will get you the speed of DSLRs. (I am a photographer) My Canon 1DIII shoots at 10 frames per second and sounds like a machine gun in operation. Even my Canon 5DIII shoots at 7 FPS. That will not happen with any Point and Shoot camera be it Sony, Nikon, Canon, or whatever.

Debatable. Without the mirror they should technically be able to be faster. I know for instance that Nikon's new V2 can do 15FPS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.