Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 24, 2013, 05:32 AM   #1
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Remote App for Apple TV for IPad Issues

Just got Apple TV 2 weeks ago and I love it but didn't care for its remote. Installed Remote App on my iPad and was very happy with it, for a whole week. Now only part of it works. I can not get it to drag to select something whether it be an icon, something from the menu or a movie in Netflix. The Menu button at the bottom and the tap in middle of screen both work just no longer the drag. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this just a worthless app?
IPadNParadise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:37 AM   #2
whooleytoo
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to whooleytoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
Just got Apple TV 2 weeks ago and I love it but didn't care for its remote. Installed Remote App on my iPad and was very happy with it, for a whole week. Now only part of it works. I can not get it to drag to select something whether it be an icon, something from the menu or a movie in Netflix. The Menu button at the bottom and the tap in middle of screen both work just no longer the drag. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this just a worthless app?
I've occasionally had the app become unresponsive for a second or two, so if you're dragging nothing happens for a couple of seconds, then the scrolling/selecting happens. But nothing as consistent as you're seeing.

I'd just go through the usual steps (quit and relaunch the app, delete & reinstall the app, restart the iPad)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:39 PM   #3
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Yeah, I've done all that several times now. I think it's just a poor quality app. Too bad, it worked so well with the ATV when all the functions of the app worked.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:02 PM   #4
paulrbeers
macrumors 68040

Have you tried restarting the iPad and/or the app? Not just going to the home screen and then reopening. I mean actually exiting the app fully and reopening it?
paulrbeers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:39 AM   #5
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

I did try restarting the App and deleting and reinstalling. Finally thought to try a restart on the Apple TV even tho I thought the problem revolved around the iPad and the iPad Remote App. Well, restarting the Apple TV fixed the Remote App right up.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater