Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
it's better to watch than read. and by the way i'll do whatever i want.

The only way to truely understand someone is to know as much facts as posible about his life. From the trailer I can see that they cut out his childhood time and post ipod time and in my opinion is crucial to know what happend to him during that time if you have an interest about who he was, what he did, and why. For a true Apple fan the book is a must. For everyone else, its a matter of choice.

NCWildcat

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Looks corny and while Ashton Kutcher looks a lot like Jobs he sounds nothing like him and didn't look believable in the slightest.

NCWildcat

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Must have been awesome being friends with Steve Jobs. What was he like in person?

So you have to be friends with a highly documented public figure to know that an actor (also highly documented) sounds nothing like him? I think that's pretty easy to do.

brunerd

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
Chicago
Ahhhhh!

Using Mackelmore's "Can't Hold Us" for the trailer really turns up the excitement quotient that I honestly hadn't felt about it. And truly, the telling of the Jobs/Apple saga from it's genesis really is quite exciting. "Throw your hands up like the ceiling can't hold us!" :D

Also - I think this version of Steve Jobs yells at the sky a lot more than the real one probably did. (Maybe Woz can tell us different?)

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
It will be available on blu-ray?

we actually really don't care.

Yes but we all care about your computer, display, phones and camera equipment. :rolleyes:

arashb, people like Pompiliu feel that all of us care about his entire setup AND all happen to know whether or not it will be available on blu-ray. But he doesn't care or pay attention to anything else that's said here. If he only understood that the nature of a "FORUM" is for people to have discussions and share opinions. Instead, he believes it's a place for him to be insulting and for the rest of us to dutifully answer his unanswerable questions (like how are we supposed to know whether it's coming out on blu-ray???). I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by his comment. Thanks for your comment. :)

kylepro88

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
Nashville
Ashton Kutcher looks nothing like Steve. Movie clip looks like a Lifetime movie of the week, this will not be as successful as "The Social Media".

Probably not. It's THE SOCIAL NETWORK by the way. I expect Aaron Sorkin's upcoming biopic on Jobs to be far better. I have high hopes. Will still see this one eventually too.

tekkifi

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012
For those of you concerned about Josh Gad as Woz...I don't blame you. I saw him in The Book of Mormon on Broadway, an while he was pretty damn funny, his acting was just not that good. I really hope he doesn't completely mess it up.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
This is the first time I've actually been interested in this.

Kutcher's voice actually sounds very Jobs-like in SOME places, and then is totally "Dude, Where's My Car?" in others. I wish they had reigned him in a little more. It reminds me of Kevin Costner's vanishing British accent in Robin Hood.

I know a bunch of people were annoyed that the actor playing Woz doesn't really look or act a lot like Woz, but Woz is a fairly "dry" guy, so they need to do something to make him a little more interesting, so it doesn't bother me that much.

alexkywalker

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Still torn

Bad casting is bad casting, I remember when they were casting Nicolas Cage for a Superman movie... imagine if he had gotten the role...

Same thing for me here, I could have taken somebody else for a Steve Jobs impersonation, but Kutcher can't "act out" of himself if you know what I mean. Too much Kutchering, not enough Jobs.

superman2f-1-web.jpg

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/nicholas-cage-superman-article-1.1253494

swester

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
Word a advice: NEVER base your expectations of a Hollywood movie based on its trailer.

They are often designed by professionals (i.e. trailer producers) who are completely unconnected to the production of the film, and it is their job to sell the movie to a certain audience - not to reflect its actual style, production quality or even story.

Word a advice: NEVER base your expectations of a Hollywood movie based on its trailer.

They are often designed by professionals (i.e. trailer producers) who are completely unconnected to the production of the film, and it is their job to sell the movie to a certain audience - not to reflect its actual style, production quality or even story.

maybe so BUT the director or producers have to "approve" it.

tstbrice

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
cant take him serious at all especially as steve jobs will give the movie a miss in respect to steve himself

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC
The first little thing we were given was disappointing. This actually looks promising. It at least looks like it embodies the plot.

kdarling

macrumors P6
looks interesting, just hope that Hollywood hasn't sacrificed history for the sake of a 'better' story.

Judging from the previous trailer, where Jobs was talking about WYSIWYG stuff while Woz was still building the Apple I, historical accuracy is not the point of the film.

Nowadays, films seem to be like "Pearl Harbor" with Ben Affleck, where accuracy is thrown aside for drama. (e.g. FDR listening to the Doolittle raid in realtime)

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
!

Sorry, that's the job of a casting agency or a filmmaker. That won't stop me from sharing my opinion. F*$% Ashton Kutcher.
In case we all were still unaware, this motion picture was a total train wreck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.