Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
My sister bought a referb iPad Mini two weeks ago. Does anyone know if refurbished models are eligible for the promotion?

Does this include refurbs? I don't see anything in the terms about this.

I've been waiting to get a MBP and talked to a guy at Apple...the refurb discounts ar better than the educational discounts, and you can get them in the educational area of the site.

(I do qualify for educational discounts - I've been waiting to get the MBP to get educational reimbursement from my employer which comes this Friday, for whatever that's worth)

Refurbs are not included in the BTS promotion. Its on new items only.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
All these people upset that it's $100 only for the App Store. Seriously, people READ THE TERMS. It's very simple. You can use the $100 in ALL of Apple's "digital goods" stores - App Store, Mac App Store, iTunes, iBooks. And I quote thusly:

The App Store Gift Card may be used on the Mac App Store, the iTunes Store, the App Store, and the iBookstore.
Does no one read? That's what the asterisk was for. Read the terms!

Mavericks

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2013
Did any of u guys receive a confirmation email from apple after calling to claim for the gift card?

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
Called Apple Customer Support this morning and they told me that I would get a $100 Gift Card, the lady excalated my request (to higher officials I guess) because the first MBA I order on the 11th of June had a manufacturing defect and had to be returned for an even exchange, which is currently at the build-up stage since it is BTO.

The lady was pretty nice, she gave me her direct number and extension in the case I don't get anything within 48 hrs; she said that morelikely I wasn't going to need to call her since she will be looking over for my request to be finalized and that she would call me herself.

Apple is pretty cool. :p I will be finally able to put iWork on my soon to come MBA! XD

Hey guys, I got my code 48hrs later! :) May not buy iWork after all, since there is that iCloud hype.

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2009
the UK discount is amazing since if you buy online you don't need proof and you get a 3 year applecare (minus phone support after year 1) for free, as well as £70 gift card and the discount pricing.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
You are getting the coupon ON TOP of any educational discount. Using Apple on Campus you are easily saving hundreds of dollars!

um.. last time i checked they said 100 dollar itune card only.

----------

How is this shady? First, they give a student discount; second, they are giving $100 in free goods from iTunes/App store.

They don't have to give you anything.

Oprah and the Queen are also very wealthy, perhaps they can each give you $100 towards your new computer..... :rolleyes:

why...yes...they both should...:eek:..............:rolleyes:

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
um.. last time i checked they said 100 dollar itune card only.

Maybe there is a difference between the German discount and the American, but I was purchasing the 2012 MacBook Air last year with the promotion on via Apple on Campus. I spent maybe 950€ on the 13" with the student rebate AND got the iTunes card.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Maybe there is a difference between the German discount and the American, but I was purchasing the 2012 MacBook Air last year with the promotion on via Apple on Campus. I spent maybe 950€ on the 13" with the student rebate AND got the iTunes card.

well then...there is a difference then. In U.S.A, there used to be discounts, but not anymore.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
well then...there is a difference then. In U.S.A, there used to be discounts, but not anymore.

I'm sorry but you seem to be too lazy to check yourself. Apple USA clearly advertises the following things: "Buy a Mac for college, get a $100 App Store Gift Card - and also save with education pricing."

Simply go to the US store. Has been like that for the last couple of years as least and I wouldn't make sense why Apple would have different deals in the US and Germany (of course despite the fact that "back to school times" are different in both countries - I'm still in university till August)

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
I'm sorry but you seem to be too lazy to check yourself. Apple USA clearly advertises the following things: "Buy a Mac for college, get a $100 App Store Gift Card - and also save with education pricing."

Simply go to the US store. Has been like that for the last couple of years as least and I wouldn't make sense why Apple would have different deals in the US and Germany (of course despite the fact that "back to school times" are different in both countries - I'm still in university till August)

nope...they never gave me any discounts...i'll check it out again.

djmurr

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2014
promo criteria on recent mbp purchase (past 7 days)

Just spoke with a customer care representative @ Apple. I purchased a brand new 13" mpb w/rd with an education discount 7 days ago. Gave me the option of (1.) returning purchase & buying again to receive gift card today or (2.) they will send me a promo code for $100 discount in 3 weeks via email. I choose what was behind door #2. Looks like a new carry bag is in my near future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.