Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Well, on the device and when I log in online I get this message:

We're sorry. Our records indicate you are not eligible to make credit card payments. Please visit a Verizon Wireless store to make a payment.

Anyone know what this is for? It's not letting me edit my prepaid account at all, or do anything with it as a matter of fact. Pretty annoying.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Ended up calling them. There was some issue with the credit card and long story short, the account was flagged and I can never use a debit/credit card on my account again.

Well then...

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
So how are you supposed to pay them? Go into the store?

They didnt really have a solution to this but That's pretty much what they said. They also said I could buy a bunch of top up cards in advanced so I don't have to go to the store each month. But that's not really ideal. I don't want to lock up money for service I may or may not use in the future. Rather just pay as I need it.

I'm going to try to buy a new SIM off eBay and create a new account.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I'm going to try to buy a new SIM off eBay and create a new account.

The SIM is only for international connectivity (and LTE if it's an LTE-compatible model). Your account is connected to the MEID that is hard-coded into your iPad.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
The SIM is only for international connectivity (and LTE if it's an LTE-compatible model). Your account is connected to the MEID that is hard-coded into your iPad.

I don't know, heard people having fried SIM cards (due to account inactivity) but fixing the issue with a new SIM. Only thing is I'll need to make a new email for it, but not that big of a deal.

Will try it anyways.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don't know, heard people having fried SIM cards (due to account inactivity) but fixing the issue with a new SIM. Only thing is I'll need to make a new email for it, but not that big of a deal.

Will try it anyways.

I should have specified, on Verizon or Sprint iPads only. The account is tied to the SIM on AT&T iPads. GSM vs. CDMA.

Good luck, hope you get it worked out either way.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
I should have specified, on Verizon or Sprint iPads only. The account is tied to the SIM on AT&T iPads. GSM vs. CDMA.

Good luck, hope you get it worked out either way.

Ordered a new SIM and it is giving me the option to create a new account.
I think my problem is resolved. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365097333.680044.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.