Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
I have a 15" Retina MBP and my warranty is up in October. I was looking on Amazon and I see they have different prices for AppleCare depending on wich product I have. So not to sound stupid but if I have a 15" rMBP I have to buy the warranty for the 15" laptop and up ? It was like $349.00 also any other buying tips for purchasing ?

Thanks....

jadAce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013
I believe that's the warranty you would have to buy.

If you buy from the Apple Store under the Education Store, they do give significant discounts!

jadAce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013
Have you looked at the SquareTrade plans on Amazon? I don't have experience with them, but they seem to be cheaper!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have a 15" Retina MBP and my warranty is up in October. I was looking on Amazon and I see they have different prices for AppleCare depending on wich product I have. So not to sound stupid but if I have a 15" rMBP I have to buy the warranty for the 15" laptop and up ? It was like $349.00 also any other buying tips for purchasing ?

Thanks....

The link I have posted is for the Applecare you will need for your laptop. B&H Photo is pretty cheap for this kind of thing, if you live in the US. They only ship to US. It is only $244 from B&H. That's the only buying tip I can offer you, other than to make sure you get the physical box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.