Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dokindo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Anyone get Goodreader to work with Skydrive (Microsoft's free 25gb cloud storage)?

I got the skydrive webdav addressing using this program
http://skydrivesimpleviewer.codeplex.com/

but goodreader still can't seem to get access to the skydrive files.

seems like a lot of people are working for an elusive filesystem solution...

PaulRidden

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Tried and failed with Goodreader

It does not work. I tried several times to do this. I did find a very good solution though. There is an App called iSMEStorage which enables you to access both your SkyDrive and LiveMesh files from the iPhone. It enables you to download supported files for offline use and also lets you sync memos and voicemails to both SkyDrive and Live Mesh from the phone.

It works with a load of other storage providers as well, and I'm using it also with Google Docs.

AdeByrne

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
In but not out

Can open a doc from Skydrive in the Goodreader, but cannot upload it or otherwise send it back. Therefore it gets a bit convoluted. Anyone have a solution yet?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I'm surprised it's taking this long.

I am too. I actually emailed them a month or two ago and asked them what the deal was. They responded something to the effect that Skydrive integration is a feature they'd love to add, suggesting somehow that maybe the issue isn't entirely on their end only. Not sure if that's actually the case or not.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
ok so this might sound a little stupid but if u open a picture using the skydrive app, can you zoom? also, how clear is the quality if the picture is like a screen shot of texts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.