Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I am getting a new Nano in Jan and I was wondering what is the deal with the built-in Nike+, do you no longer need the shoes and sensor or do you actually need them?

I don't want to get the Nano and find I cannot use Nike+, would rather spend £40 on a shuffle than £130 on a Nano where I cannot use Nike+ without spend a few hundred more.

Also in regards to running, headphones are better than earphones right? don't want to have to keep stopping every 3 minutes because the buds won't stay in my ears... seriously considering Beats Solo HD by Dre mainly because the colour matches the iPod Nano I am getting :D

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
I have 2nd generation nano and it's not buillt in. i needed to buy the full kit with the gps to 30 pin + sensor.
I believe you will need the sensor only.

and beats sucks

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I have 2nd generation nano and it's not buillt in. i needed to buy the full kit with the gps to 30 pin + sensor.
I believe you will need the sensor only.

and beats sucks
Yeah I am getting the new Nano not a used one so I need a answer to whether I do or not for the new one.

In your opinion.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
New Nano has Nike+ built in but it's just pedometer based - not GPS like the iPhone.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
The 7G nano has the Nike+ receiver built in. You can use the footpod, if you want, but it's not required. All previous mania required the 30-pin receiver if you wanted to use the footpod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.