Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manuH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
hello,
I use osx 10.8 and WIn7 with refit boot, a SSD with both systems and a 1To Samsung HDD formatted to FAT for being used by both systems, and that worked fine for 2 month..

suddenly, after I rebooted from win7 to osx system, the 1To Samsung appears as RAW, :eek:
when I launch disk utility it says "Invalid sector size: 0", and that it could not repair this disk and it has to be formatted..

any advices ?
what disk utility would you recommand ?
is disk warrior only for HFS or it also works with FAT ?

Code:
Vérification du volume « disk1s2 »
Vérification du système de fichiers
** /dev/disk1s2
Invalid sector size: 0
Erreur : Ce disque doit être réparé. Cliquez sur Réparer le disque
Vérifier et réparer le volume « disk1s2 »
Vérification du système de fichiers

** /dev/disk1s2
Invalid sector size: 0
Réparation du volume terminée.
Mise à jour des partitions de prise en charge du démarrage pour le volume, comme requis.
Erreur : Utilitaire de disque ne peut pas réparer ce disqu...rmatez le disque, puis restaurez vos fichiers sauvegardés.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If it's a bad sector on the HDD I recommend you use a PC DOS-based program called Spinrite which is a maintenance utility and data recovery utility. You have to have an IBM-PC in order to use it though. You take the HDD out of the Mac and connect it to the IBM-PC and run the program. Below is my old MBP HDD in a Dell PC with Spinrite working on it.

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

Last edited:

manuH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
i tried diskwarrior 4, but it seems to work only with hfs,
mine is FAT

actually i'm running Get Data Back. Actually scanning for a few hours. I will tell you about the results later.

ACagliano

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
Do you have version of OS X with Recovery HD? Anything later than 10.7 creates a separate partition and you can boot into it and repair from there.

Hold option while booting and select Recovery HD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.