Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1
nosnhojm
macrumors member

Old Macintosh game; can't remember name...

I'm trying to remember the name of an old Macintosh game that I used to play. Here's what I think I remember:

- Classic Mac game (black & white)
- Possibly came preinstalled, made by Apple?
- It was kind of like a tutorial that taught you how to use your mouse.
- I remember using the mouse to open a window blind, swat a fly, and drive a car.

Anyone?

Sorry if my memories are vague or incorrect; I was a little kid back then.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:25 PM   #2
SocratesJ
macrumors newbie

This is the one that immediately came to mind. It was the guided tour disk that came with the original Macintosh, although its not really what you are describing.

http://youtu.be/1pwammW5syw?t=2m15s
SocratesJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:17 AM   #3
nosnhojm
macrumors member

Looks like somebody else had my same question back in 2003, but didn't get an answer:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...6&userid=46461

Quote:
My brother and I have been trying to remember/locate a game/tech demo that we had on our Apple IIgs back in the late 80's. It was essentially a few mini games that were intended to introduce people to the mouse and keyboard of their newfangled desktop calculator, as well as show off the sweet sound and all 16 colors. One of the games was a floor plan of a house with a robot in one room, and you're task was to navigate him to another room to make/do something. You had to input commands adventure-game style, such as "go left", "make coffee" and such. The main part of the game we remember is an introduction to clicking, dragging, and other mousey tasks. Your job was to click and drag a car along a windy path, from one side of the screen to the other. About halfway you'd trigger a fly swatting mini game where you had to click on flies on the windshield to swat them. Once done with the flies you continue dragging your car to a gate, at which point you have to open the trunk with a key, open a couple of suitcases, rummage around and find the gate key.

This most likely came packaged with the Apple IIgs, and we'd like to try and find a playable version for nostalgia's sake. I've tried Googling various combos of the details but haven't had any luck.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store