Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:16 AM   #26
sim667
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris20 View Post
If you like it, then great. But if you have $400 disposable income to spend on just headphones, I'd suggest doing a lot more research on audiophile websites. Beats are NOT great headphones. As with Bose, there's far more marketing hype than actual quality.

I'd recommend checking out Grado, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic, etc.

----------

Nobody mixes with Beats of any sort. That's just an endorsement deal for photos.
I saw someone mixing with beats the other day.

Crap headphones, really really dont waste your money
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:28 AM   #27
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601

I'm with the many posters who think that Beats are a triumph of marketing and spin, over form and function.

There are many far better headphones available from serious and reputable brands which offer far better listening experiences and cost roughly the same; Grado, Sennheiser, B&W, Technica, and Bose, to mention just a few.....
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:00 PM   #28
tekboi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
The DT770s were one of the pairs I was referring to, those and the ATH-M50s being the prime examples.

----------

Why not get a sturdy pair that actually sound like they're worth the price tag?
Are the ones you mentioned good for mixing and composition?

I have a pair of Sony MDR's right now and they are great for vocals... but horrible for mixing beats.
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:33 AM   #29
sim667
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post

I have a pair of Sony MDR's right now and they are great for vocals... but horrible for mixing beats.
Try out a pair of these these

You can buy replacement parts for every piece on there so if they break you can fix them easily.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:33 AM   #30
Gofre
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post

(Apologies for the late reply)

The ATH-M50s are an extremely popular studio monitoring headphone given their performance for the price. Sound is pretty flat for the most part save for a slight hump in the bass, but they're as accurate as can be expected at this price point which makes them great for production tasks.
Gofre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:20 AM   #31
Adomas
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
(Apologies for the late reply)

The ATH-M50s are an extremely popular studio monitoring headphone given their performance for the price. Sound is pretty flat for the most part save for a slight hump in the bass, but they're as accurate as can be expected at this price point which makes them great for production tasks.
Agree, for this price ATH-M50 are excellent headphones, met producers and even djs who use M50 (keeping in mind that it's more studio-oriented, not so loud like the dj-headphones like HD25), and they know what they're doing on stage or in studio, while dreeee is... most people I see with them are trying to look "extraordinary", "exclusive" and "trendy". It is not a PRO headphones, just example of good marketing.
Adomas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 06:55 AM   #32
Lunfai
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomas View Post
Agree, for this price ATH-M50 are excellent headphones, met producers and even djs who use M50 (keeping in mind that it's more studio-oriented, not so loud like the dj-headphones like HD25), and they know what they're doing on stage or in studio, while dreeee is... most people I see with them are trying to look "extraordinary", "exclusive" and "trendy". It is not a PRO headphones, just example of good marketing.

Love my M50s with an (bonus) E17, this is just an example of why they're so good.
Lunfai is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio