Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
if you are going to use the ipad mini for outside then i would get a otterbox defender case on your ipad mini because you could have a good drop and end up buying a new iPad mini

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
IPad mini

better user experiance, stable OS, and its a pleasure to use it. I tried Galaxy tab and in my opinion its a horrible tablet. Just today I had to configure the corporate exchange server on both devices. In the Galaxy I had to pass trough 20 screens before I get it runing and its a complete mess. In the iPad mni, it took me 5 or 7 screens of options. I hate using andorid, it makes me nervous but thats just me.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Having owned two Androids, a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, I have to say that the battery life on both is awful, just plain bad. I can maybe get two hours of screen time on the either one BUT if I barely use them, they can go for nearly two days on standby.

I've even gone to turning down the brightness to just about the lowest setting it can go at night and that doesn't seem to help to much.

I just don't see how Android can improve on battery life to where it's anywhere comparable to an iPad. I can use my iPad anywhere from 10-15 hrs before having to charge it and at least 6-8 of that is with the display on using apps.

Apple has truely done amazing things with these iPads enough to where you can have fun using it and be out the whole day and not worry about finding a plugin.

Maybe one day Android devices will be able to last as long as iPads do on battery power but so far, I have not heard of any that can. And don't go by what they say it will last, go by what people say it can last. That's what matters.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
why is that ?

The 7.7 is pretty old at this point. The Tab 3 has more RAM, faster CPU, latest version of android and sense, bluetooth 4, better cameras, longer support, the list goes on. And it's not much more expensive than a used 7.7 and still cheaper than the iPad mini.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Having owned two Androids, a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, I have to say that the battery life on both is awful, just plain bad. I can maybe get two hours of screen time on the either one BUT if I barely use them, they can go for nearly two days on standby.

I've even gone to turning down the brightness to just about the lowest setting it can go at night and that doesn't seem to help to much.

2hrs on a nexus 7? Sorry but I think that sounds like user error to me. I had a n7 and it lasted way longer then 2hrs. Sure, android has its gaps but a 2hr battery life ain't one of them unless your maxing out CPU and brightness

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
You'll get a higher quality experience and better apps with an iPad mini, but being on MacRumors I presume you already know that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.