Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Sep 22, 2013, 02:45 AM   #51
Eorlas
macrumors member

For me, Infinity Blade was boring really quickly. The on-rails RPG got claustrophobic when I realized the scenarios played out exactly the same as the ones that preceded them. Fights would zoom in on just the two combatants, EVERY single fight as you dealt more damage they would have mini cutscenes just to shift the scenery ever so slightly (twice every fight) and then you'd just slow move through the world via cutscenes.

After a short while, you realize that you're spending more time just sitting and watching characters grunt and move over and over again without the ability to control them.

Infinity Blade has very little substance for such a popular game.
Eorlas is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 02:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trik View Post
I agree, it's like my ex girlfriend. Great to look at and completely boring after a few minutes.
Was your gf Taylor Swift?
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 04:54 PM   #53
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochris View Post
Once I played a game on an ipad mini, I never played them again on my iphone.
agreed. which is why i really hope the new iPads are 64 Bit with the whole A7/M7 etc.

all of them not just the big or the mini.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 05:00 PM   #54
Celtic Warrior
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulweaponry View Post
That's not what I meant. Apple wouldn't need its own dedicated console anyway. In theory, everyone could just buy an iPhone or iPad and airplay that ****. What I meant was apple taking gaming seriously and releasing official controllers and having their own game studio to encourage high end exclusives similar to gears of war and uncharted. That would be amazing
They may launch that controller as an accessories, like you said. Sometimes, it turns inconvenient way to play with touch screen.
Celtic Warrior is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:42 PM   #55
apple-5cs
Banned

Yawn.

So apparently Infinity Blade is like the only game that really is an 5s game.

I'd like to see more titles than the usuals. When's Angry Birds 5 coming out?

apple-5cs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:42 PM   #56
MacFan23
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by afin View Post
Why does iOS game development have to be so superficial? I want something on par with the story/gameplay ambition of console games, even if it's just like my old ps2 games. Though I suppose the input method and screen size are limiting factors in the development. But I mean, look at angry birds for instance. Congrats you made a game that entertains people and sells to millions, but it's a simple physics based game with modifiers that people are playing just to fulfill their need for sensory stimuli. I want something to actually be immersed in... //endrant
Infinity Blade has tons of story: http://toucharcade.com/2013/09/17/in...ity-blade-iii/
MacFan23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:38 AM   #57
evangw
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFan23 View Post
Just... not a very good or compelling story. I played the first two, will probably eventually play this one, but they're not really very fun, I don't know why I do it. I bought it and it works fine on my iPad 2.

The only iOS game I've played that's been worthwhile was XCom and a few -real- puzzle games (Arctopia, Zep's Dreamland -- as opposed to 'puzzle' games like Bejeweled or Bust-a-move or whatever). Angry Birds and Infinity Blade and the like are fun to pass the time on commutes though.
evangw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 07:09 AM   #58
b001ean
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochris View Post
Once I played a game on an ipad mini, I never played them again on my iphone.
I can't "This" this enough.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 08:45 AM   #59
e-coli
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
I can't see any difference between the 5 and 5S in the TA post. I zoomed in on both pictures - still couldn't see a difference. At some point you have to ask why bother.

On another note - a lot of people are bashing mobile games in this thread. I'm curious - have you guys tried Cut the Rope? I've played a lot of games on iOS, and I have to say Cut the Rope is by and far the best. Tons of content - tons of variety in puzzles, and the solutions are always clever, never cheap.
Limbo - amazing.
e-coli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 03:15 PM   #60
OriginalClone
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
Except Apple reskinned new hardware. Perhaps you'd be happy with my 4? Oh, and some significant software changes, for better or worse. And they changed the screen size last year, for better or worse. The only thing truly rehashed here is your opinion.
I stated the truth. Why do fanboys get so upset when you say anything about "their" precious brand?
OriginalClone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 05:09 PM   #61
Jimmy James
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalClone View Post
I stated the truth. Why do fanboys get so upset when you say anything about "their" precious brand?
Because I don't see truth in it. As much a you may feel that my opinion reads like a fanboy comment, your comment reads like the bandwagon contrarian.
Jimmy James is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion