Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:55 AM   #26
designs216
macrumors 65816

It has vast capabilities like Photoshop. Key commands from other Adobe apps don't always carry over either but if you're familiar with other CS programs it helps you learn Illustrator. I've found Adobe's Classroom In A Book series very helpful. The books specialize in hands-on exercises that allow one to become familiar with the most widely used features. If you're diligent, you could probably gain basic proficiency over a long weekend.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:31 PM   #27
Oracle1729
macrumors 6502

I've been using photoshop for many years and recently started using indesign which I picked up quickly and found to be a pleasure from the start. I usually pick up new software quickly I bought some decorations in illustrator format this week and ran it for the first time. I'm shocked how hard it is to use. I can't even select a decoration and copy it to a new document. I'm about ready to just rasterize the whole sheet and use PS to get the job done (but I am creating what should be vector art anyway). Obviously I have a lot to learn, but how can selecting an object be that hard? I eventually used the lasso selection and when I pasted it the colour was converted to a flat grey with even the cut out whitespace the same solid grey.

Anyway, not really asking any questions since I need to go do some reading, but I find the learning curve on illustrator to just be unbelievable.
Oracle1729 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:50 AM   #28
primalman
macrumors 6502a

Buy this book

http://www.amazon.com/Vector-Basic-T.../dp/0321749596
Old Jan 31, 2014, 02:12 PM   #29
supaman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixlord View Post
It will take longer than 4 hours.