Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenglade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I have a new (used) iPod touch and am working through the learning process. When I connect it, it doesn't show as a drive on my desktop. is that normal? I would prefer being able to see it so i can transfer some old CDs and audio books, I've found working through iTunes is a pain.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
That is normal and if you want the applications on the iPod to see the stuff you listed that you want to transfer, you do need to go through iTunes.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
I have a new (used) iPod touch and am working through the learning process. When I connect it, it doesn't show as a drive on my desktop. is that normal? I would prefer being able to see it so i can transfer some old CDs and audio books, I've found working through iTunes is a pain.

You can only transfer media to an iPod through iTunes. For CD's all you have to do is open iTunes, put a CD into the computer, iTunes will then ask you if you want to import it click yes and when your finished set your iPod to sync all music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.