Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 PM   #101
John Adams
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX USA
You people crack me up!
__________________
Late 2012 13" Macbook Pro Retina
iPhone 5S, 64gb, Verizon
iPad 4, 16gb, Verizon
John Adams is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:59 PM   #102
IGregory
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLE-FANATIC View Post
So now our new projected date is Tuesday, November 27th for the new iMacs since they are "usually" released on Tuesdays?? Fingers crossed!!!
Or on or before Friday the 30 - lets hope so as many of you will be heading off the cliff.
__________________
The happy owner of a Mid-2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, iPad Air, iPhone 6+, Apple Time Capsule, Apple TV, and Canon Photo Equipment .
IGregory is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:04 PM   #103
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGregory View Post
Or on or before Friday the 30 - lets hope so as many of you will be heading off the cliff.
LOL! I dont know how Apple does it, but damn, they have us by the b*lls with their products (for those of us that let them ). I think its the "not knowing" when something will be release that drives us INSANE!
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion| 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD| iPad Air| iPad mini| iPhone 5S| Airport Extreme 2013| Airport Express 2012| Apple TV 3rd G| iPod Touch 5G|apple:
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:48 AM   #104
Dyn-tec
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I guess Apple just announced the imac will come out November OF 2013.....

The rumor is a janitor at Apple changed the year on a calender in the office and now here we are with no iMacs!!

Last edited by Dyn-tec; Nov 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Dyn-tec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:52 AM   #105
Mic2904
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I seriously hope the waiting game ends on either Tuesday or Friday.

I am scheduled to be off on Tuesday and from coming Friday for a week.

Once I do have the Imac I will have another problem though... What do I do with all the spare time, since I do not need to check this webpage anymore
Mic2904 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:01 AM   #106
washburn
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Why couldn't apple just say late November?

This month has been driving people nuts with having to check for status so often.
washburn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:23 AM   #107
Alfred.Woodden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
You people crack me up!

Agreed.

"It's gonna be this tuesday for sure. I called Apple Support and they told me"

"Next tuesday or thursday sounds about right. We're 3 weeks in November"

"iMacs will be released this friday. My source at Apple confirmed it. "

"OK, it has to be next tuesday, Apple always releases stuff on tuesdays"

"Alright, so tuesday didn't happen, but next tuesday is the last of the month"

"OK, Friday 29th, that's when it'll happen. I feel it in my gut"

Pathetic. That's what you are.
Alfred.Woodden is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:54 AM   #108
Lankyman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: U.K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerefAFC View Post
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."
Both Windows and OS X would serve your needs adequately. You are being seduced by aesthetics. Mountain Lion is not without its bugs believe me. In fact I'm currently finding W8 more stable than ML especially in relation to networks.
Lankyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:44 AM   #109
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Apple broke world record with the waiting game.
I wonder if it is possible to sue them( if the computer won't arrive to buy on novmber).
Giving that so many business depend on it.
We had our laugh and fun of the waiting game, we love apple, but enough is enough.
Overg is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:24 AM   #110
HurryKayne
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
Apple broke world record with the waiting game.
I wonder if it is possible to sue them( if the computer won't arrive to buy on novmber).
Giving that so many business depend on it.
We had our laugh and fun of the waiting game, we love apple, but enough is enough.
It is,you're right and by way i suppose next year going close to retina on Apple-where ,Apple HdtV if any..,mac mini with haswell-hd5000 and on the other side microsoft with Win8 products and approaching to next xbox720...well i suppose the competition will arise and narrow leaving Cook.Apple no other decision to start running too..i mean i i saw rumors about new Ipad mini and Iphone 5S already and ipad4 its here very close to ipad3..
then,i think Apple will launch 21 and 27 next week,with the former already available to be sold and the 27 to be pre-ordered.
Well,this is what i hope,even because shifting 21 to December and 27 to January 2013 would be..a not wise decision maybe,many here have waited too much and while windows 8 its not,in my opinion,comparable to Osx,well its already out on the shelves.
HurryKayne is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:34 AM   #111
Lankyman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: U.K.
Quote:
Well,this is what i hope,even because shifting 21 to December and 27 to January 2013 would be..a not wise decision maybe,many here have waited too much and while windows 8 its not,in my opinion,comparable to Osx,well its already out on the shelves.
As you say in your opinion. I'm currently running 8 as a VM on my iMac and am finding it more stable and less buggy than ML.

Last edited by Lankyman; Nov 24, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Lankyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:36 AM   #112
MacMiguel
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurryKayne View Post
It is,you're right and by way i suppose next year going close to retina on Apple-where ,Apple HdtV if any..,mac mini with haswell-hd5000 and on the other side microsoft with Win8 products and approaching to next xbox720...well i suppose the competition will arise and narrow leaving Cook.Apple no other decision to start running too..i mean i i saw rumors about new Ipad mini and Iphone 5S already and ipad4 its here very close to ipad3..
then,i think Apple will launch 21 and 27 next week,with the former already available to be sold and the 27 to be pre-ordered.
Well,this is what i hope,even because shifting 21 to December and 27 to January 2013 would be..a not wise decision maybe,many here have waited too much and while windows 8 its not,in my opinion,comparable to Osx,well its already out on the shelves.
I think Win8 is gonna be a BiG Fail, Time will give us the answer but I can't see it as a good OS like Windows7 or WinXP, It's most alike windows Vista... or even worst
MacMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:05 AM   #113
Sped
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
iMac shortages not new

I understand many of you are waiting for a new desktop, but this situation isn't new for Apple. This was the situation on 2009. And please don't act like Apple is withholding machines just to toy with your emotions.
__________________
Switcher since Jan 02
Sped is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:42 AM   #114
Grockel
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Devon, UK
With all this speculation about when the iMac would be released I thought I'd contribute Monty Python's view of how many weeks we should wait.....

Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
Grockel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:03 PM   #115
Lankyman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: U.K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
I think Win8 is gonna be a BiG Fail, Time will give us the answer but I can't see it as a good OS like Windows7 or WinXP, It's most alike windows Vista... or even worst
Why do you think that? Click the Desktop tile and you could be forgiven for thinking you are back using Windows 7 - totally familiar.
Lankyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:55 AM   #116
gegeviana
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred.Woodden View Post
Agreed.

"It's gonna be this tuesday for sure. I called Apple Support and they told me"

"Next tuesday or thursday sounds about right. We're 3 weeks in November"

"iMacs will be released this friday. My source at Apple confirmed it. "

"OK, it has to be next tuesday, Apple always releases stuff on tuesdays"

"Alright, so tuesday didn't happen, but next tuesday is the last of the month"

"OK, Friday 29th, that's when it'll happen. I feel it in my gut"

Pathetic. That's what you are.
Rude, that's what you are!

The forum is called macrumors not macuniversaltruth. People are allowed to express their opinions and their guesses as well! You're not forced to believe anything they say if you don't want to
gegeviana is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:37 AM   #117
cooky560
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Around
Send a message via ICQ to cooky560 Send a message via AIM to cooky560 Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560
No but when people claim to have sources in Apple, and are still wrong...
__________________
My Site 21.5" iMac
cooky560 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:11 AM   #118
forty2j
macrumors 68030
 
forty2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooky560 View Post
No but when people claim to have sources in Apple, and are still wrong...
Where's the guy that said his insider source told him there would be a 32"?
__________________
 2012 iMac 3.2GHz 27" 680MX Fusion  iPhone 6  Apple TV 2  iPad Air 
forty2j is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boot Camp Files Hint at New Mac Pro and iMac Models [Updated] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 170 Nov 1, 2012 12:40 PM
Just a quick question about the UPDATE to the Boot Camp Files Hint about a new iMac nicklaz0r iMac 1 Aug 12, 2012 08:37 PM
Boot Camp Files Hint at New Mac Pro and iMac Models nicklaz0r iMac 1 Aug 9, 2012 07:36 PM
iMac 2012 GPU Hint ? Malone1878 iMac 11 Aug 9, 2012 03:03 PM
Will GM hint at upcoming iMac refresh? shatteringlass OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 2 Jun 24, 2012 09:50 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC