Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Disclaimer: I'm not the coder for the app, I'm just spreading the word since I liked it a lot.

Link: http://bahoom.com/hyperswitch

If there's one thing I never liked much about OS X compared to Windows, it was the app switching keyboard shortcut. In Windows, you could alt-tab through just about every open window, but with OS X, you rotate among applications, and that too the most recent window you used. While you can switch among the windows with cmd-`, this command is useless if you have other windows on other desktops.

Enter HyperSwitch. It gives you the option to see which windows are open when you highlight an app while Cmd-tabbing, and from there, you can use Cmd-` to select the window of choice. Very useful if numerous windows from a single app are scattered in different desktops.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Disclaimer: I'm not the coder for the app, I'm just spreading the word since I liked it a lot.

Link: http://bahoom.com/hyperswitch

If there's one thing I never liked much about OS X compared to Windows, it was the app switching keyboard shortcut. In Windows, you could alt-tab through just about every open window, but with OS X, you rotate among applications, and that too the most recent window you used. While you can switch among the windows with cmd-`, this command is useless if you have other windows on other desktops.

Enter HyperSwitch. It gives you the option to see which windows are open when you highlight an app while Cmd-tabbing, and from there, you can use Cmd-` to select the window of choice. Very useful if numerous windows from a single app are scattered in different desktops.

It's a good start - still not on par with LiteswitchX though.

jpeezy

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Unfortunately its discontinued :-( Still haven't found a good replacement for it.

FYI, I tweeted the developer (@skid or follow @liteswitch) and he fixed LiteSwitch X to run in Mavericks. He was extremely helpful and fixed it within a few hours. He also eliminated the registration. There are a few bugs but no show stoppers. These apply to Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks.

You can download @ sysbeep.com

LucasG

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
FYI, I tweeted the developer (@skid or follow @liteswitch) and he fixed LiteSwitch X to run in Mavericks. He was extremely helpful and fixed it within a few hours. He also eliminated the registration. There are a few bugs but no show stoppers. These apply to Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks.

Awesome share, thanks!

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.