Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:49 AM   #26
The Dougler
macrumors member

Mine is on order, but I'm going to try and use it for notes in business meetings. Currently I carry a notebook, but I find I end up with notes in 5 different books that do not follow any logic. I'm hoping I can find a note taking app that will sync with google docs etc, so that I can have my meeting notes at my finger tips when on my desktop.
The Dougler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:53 AM   #27
seajay96
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by blerns3 View Post
Do you have a stylus for this? If so, where'd you get it? One of those might make my choice on whether to get an iPad or not a lot easier...

EDIT: Just looked it up, they're everywhere lol. I have no idea why I didn't think about this before.
They are everywhere and I've gone through about a dozen or so until I found one that I really like. I use a Kensington Virtuoso stylus/pen combo. But, like a good quality pen, a good quality stylus is a very personal item. Either you like it or you don't.
seajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:26 AM   #28
stuaz
macrumors 6502

I never thought of using a stylus to take handwriting notes on an iPad. Just assumed everyone types on it ether via the on screen keyboard or a separate keyboard.

Think I might google some stylus pens for iPads lol.
stuaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:52 AM   #29
mike693
macrumors newbie

I use Drafts and SimpleNote using the on-screen iPad keyboard.

Drafts has cursor keys.

SimpleNote syncs well to my iPhone and Mac.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:34 AM   #30
royalswish
macrumors newbie

I use Notes plus for Note Taking and iAnnotate for highlighting PDF/eBooks. Definitely recommend it.
royalswish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:28 PM   #31
babybanana
macrumors member

Do you think it'd be silly if I get myself an ipad mini as opposed to the ipad 4?

I'm going to use it at uni but possibly once a week for school work. I meet up with one of my lecturers, and it's much easier if I take my ipad to this 20 minutes meet up and discuss my work. (I'll have a book but it's pdf form that she printed out for us and it's easier to use the ipad if I'm going to ask her about one question rather than taking the whole book in.)

But otherwise I'd be using it to watch shows like TBBT and play games mostly to be honest. Not going to be 3G as most places have wifi now.

Just want to make sure I make the right decision really.
babybanana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:25 PM   #32
SunnyRenegade33
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to SunnyRenegade33
Not really. I write faster than I type on my iPad. Plus, as a finance/economics major, there are a lot of abstract graphs and equations I'm constantly drawing and writing. I prefer the good old hand writing technique when it comes to note taking in University. Although, the iPad serves as a great tool for recording lectures and referring back to them --both visually and audibly.

Usually, what I end up doing is pulling up the PowerPoint on my iPad -- that way I can follow up on what the professor is teaching and not worry about missing notes or falling behind during the lectures.

Last edited by SunnyRenegade33; Dec 4, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
SunnyRenegade33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:17 AM   #33
jojoba
macrumors 65816

I just both a stylus and an external keyboard, depending on the situation. Both are great enhancements to the iPad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad