Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:02 AM   #1
SA16
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I need a 64gb ip5

I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!
SA16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres 70 difference...
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:09 AM   #3
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Sell you're, and buy a new one. Or trade with cash. There are a lot of places to do these transactions. Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist. Even here, if you stick around for a while and get to the marketplace.

Or you could just re-evaluate what you have on your current iPhone and start deleting apps/songs/pictures/movies you don't need.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:10 AM   #4
SA16
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres 70 difference...
Thanks for the advice! The majority of my space is consumed by music (26gb to be specific). I think I will try the Google Music app. Hopefully that will help me out a great deal!

I've always had a 32gb phone (ip4, 4s, 5) and I've always been able to maintain, but now I seem to be right on the edge, where I can't add anything else to my phone. Good luck with your purchase!
SA16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Burton8219
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres 70 difference...
This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).
__________________
iPhone 5S Space Grey 32GB
MacBook Pro 15" 2.3Ghz i7 500GB 7200 RPM HDD 8GB RAM
Albany Law School Class of 2015
Burton8219 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:26 AM   #6
SA16
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton8219 View Post
This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).
These are definitely some great ideas. I was just looking at the Ecuote app, and that does look amazing! Thanks for the advice, I am definitely going to consider the itunes match, especially because I use airplay a lot at home.
SA16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:07 AM   #7
HectorBrower85
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Yeah streaming would be way better for you if you can get a good plan with unlimited data.

I do the Google play thing, I have all my music stored there and whenever I change phones I still get to listen to them via streaming.
HectorBrower85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC