Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:34 PM   #1
cfairbank
macrumors 6502

New Years Resolution: Time for Change

I have been using the iPhone since the 1st generation and have proceeded to update to each new iPhone since. Along with the iPhone we have gone all in on apple including iPhone's for the wife and son, 2 iPads, a macbook and an iMac. I have truly loved the integration of these products and the ease of use that has come with them. However over the past year I have become bored. I find myself looking over the fence and wondering if it is time to switch the os around and give android a shot. I know that there are many threads like this but it's how I am feeling.

This week I have switched to gmail leaving my iCloud account to forward to my gmail account. It has been kind of refreshing using the gmail app. Along with it I find myself using my google+ account more and more and the new google maps app is just great.

I really hope that ios 7 blows us away and gives us many of the things that are available in the other os's out there. Better use of notifications, use of app switching, abiltiy to better respond to text's are all things that are available to other os and on ios but through jailbreak. These are simple things that could be built into ios.

Here is to apple making a new years resolution to blowing us away the way we know they can and if not to this long time apple user possibly moving base camp to the other side of the fence.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:03 PM   #2
cyks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfairbank View Post
I know that there are many threads like this but it's how I am feeling.
So why not post in any of those threads instead of starting a new one?
cyks is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:29 PM   #3
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Everyone should try other brands, you'll either love the switch or hate it.

It gives you perspective. Their are too many people on here with tunnel vision to all things apple. Sometimes other companies do make good products
dazed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Tom G.
macrumors 65816

Smart Phones are too expensive to experiment with "trying other brands."

I have a fairly good job but have to give a lot of thought to the phone, tablet, computer, etc that I use. Therefore I cannot just up and switch items whenever one does not perform up to my expectations.

This explains why I stick with Apple, they may not be perfect but they do play together well and whatever I get I can be assured it will do what I need it to do with very little adjusting or tweeking.
Tom G. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6