Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1
2012Tony2012
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
cmdQuit

Any thoughts about cmdQuit?
2012Tony2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
What is cmdQuit?

Ah, this you mean.

My opinion, I do not need it, as I am proficient enough with the keyboard and pressing CMD+Q, even several times, but then again, I combine it with CMD+TAB.


Just as a small hint for your next threads, if you use such short thread titles, can you at least provide a link to what you talk/ask about?
__________________
living on the moderately profane edge
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:03 AM   #3
2012Tony2012
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
What is cmdQuit?

Ah, this you mean.

My opinion, I do not need it, as I am proficient enough with the keyboard and pressing CMD+Q, even several times, but then again, I combine it with CMD+TAB.


Just as a small hint for your next threads, if you use such short thread titles, can you at least provide a link to what you talk/ask about?
But why not do it with one click instead of many?
2012Tony2012 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:08 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tony2012 View Post
But why not do it with one click instead of many?
I almost never quit all applications at once, that is why.

I normally accumulate 15 to 25 applications, then after a while of not using them I close ten or so.
__________________
living on the moderately profane edge
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:14 AM   #5
2012Tony2012
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
I almost never quit all applications at once, that is why.

I normally accumulate 15 to 25 applications, then after a while of not using them I close ten or so.
You have a lot of patience
2012Tony2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:16 AM   #6
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tony2012 View Post
You have a lot of patience
Closing ten applications, if no additional saving is involved, takes less than 20 seconds.
__________________
living on the moderately profane edge
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC