Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:27 PM   #1
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

Slow Finder update

I have a concern with my iMac. I donīt know if itīs THe 768 Flash drive or a Finder bug or what. But whenever a new file is added to a folder or renamed or whatever, finder uses a lot of time before anything shows up. Itīs no annoying rotating beach ball or anything, it just doesnīt update immediately. Anyone ever experienced this ?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Mahty
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcLovin View Post
I have a concern with my iMac. I donīt know if itīs THe 768 Flash drive or a Finder bug or what. But whenever a new file is added to a folder or renamed or whatever, finder uses a lot of time before anything shows up. Itīs no annoying rotating beach ball or anything, it just doesnīt update immediately. Anyone ever experienced this ?
Yes, I've had that problem.

Another problem I had with my new 27" iMac occurred when I opened a Finder window and went to my Documents folder. The Finder window showed an empty folder! I tried it again with a second Finder window. Same empty Documents folder. It took a reboot to fix this issue.

Coincidentally, a short time thereafter, Time Machine began an update. And I happened to notice that the incremental backup update was on the order of 23 GB! It was as if the reboot had populated an empty Documents folder with 23 GB of new files and Time Machine was now adding these "new" files to the backup.

Something funny is happening with Finder.
Mahty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:21 AM   #3
BSoares
macrumors regular

I think another forum member had this issue and it turned out to be CrashPlan. Do either of you use CrashPlan for offsite backup?
BSoares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Mahty
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
I think another forum member had this issue and it turned out to be CrashPlan. Do either of you use CrashPlan for offsite backup?
No, I do not use CrashPlan.
Mahty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:58 AM   #5
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

Nope i dont use crashplan. And all the software i have now is the same as i has on my previous iMac. I haven't really noticed it now after I rebooted, though it might happen again. Some folders I've even had to make a change of the name for all the files to appear even though they are there. Seems like a bug in finder.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac