Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
I have a concern with my iMac. I don´t know if it´s THe 768 Flash drive or a Finder bug or what. But whenever a new file is added to a folder or renamed or whatever, finder uses a lot of time before anything shows up. It´s no annoying rotating beach ball or anything, it just doesn´t update immediately. Anyone ever experienced this ?

Mahty

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I have a concern with my iMac. I don´t know if it´s THe 768 Flash drive or a Finder bug or what. But whenever a new file is added to a folder or renamed or whatever, finder uses a lot of time before anything shows up. It´s no annoying rotating beach ball or anything, it just doesn´t update immediately. Anyone ever experienced this ?

Yes, I've had that problem.

Another problem I had with my new 27" iMac occurred when I opened a Finder window and went to my Documents folder. The Finder window showed an empty folder! I tried it again with a second Finder window. Same empty Documents folder. It took a reboot to fix this issue.

Coincidentally, a short time thereafter, Time Machine began an update. And I happened to notice that the incremental backup update was on the order of 23 GB! It was as if the reboot had populated an empty Documents folder with 23 GB of new files and Time Machine was now adding these "new" files to the backup.

Something funny is happening with Finder.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I think another forum member had this issue and it turned out to be CrashPlan. Do either of you use CrashPlan for offsite backup?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Nope i dont use crashplan. And all the software i have now is the same as i has on my previous iMac. I haven't really noticed it now after I rebooted, though it might happen again. Some folders I've even had to make a change of the name for all the files to appear even though they are there. Seems like a bug in finder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.